N i n e t e e n

Two weeks later. . .

Everything went along fine. Taylor gets often visits from the lads and some of their old friends, especially Eleanor. . . Except for Zayn, Liam and Harry. She finally got to meet Danielle Campbell, Louis' girlfriend and as Taylor expected, she was outgoing and cheery. . . too cheery Taylor would often tease Louis about it since that had been their "hobby" now, teasing about their exes. Her work is fine now, Taylor still had the night shift but it was alright, the wee hours were quieter anyways.

As of Harry and his new family, well, Taylor never got anything so it was fine. She wasn't expecting an update anyways. By Harry's cold tone two weeks ago, she knew it wouldn't work well if they see each other often.

Here she is again, hanging inside her apartment, she spent most of her time sleeping but right now, she couldn't. For a while, she just enjoyed her glasses-free life.

Then she got a call, she didn't bother looking at the name since she could just slide her finger across the screen and press the green button, then find out who the caller is later.

"Hello?"

"Miss Swift." Okay, who is this?! No honestly, Taylor didn't know.

"I'm sorry, wh--"

"This is Cas, the one who accidentally elbowed you and--"

Taylor facepalmed. "Y-Yeah, I know. Sorry, I didn't realize it sooner. So why the call all of a sudden?" In the back of her mind, it rung about Louis' warning when it came to Cas, just a few days ago. Louis said "no" but also said that the final decision was hers.

"Nothing, it just gets boring here in the room. Mom is improving everyday." Cas said.

Taylor smiled. "Y-Yeah, tell her to keep it up. Hope she have a longer life than mine."

"Ooh, what's with the tone?"

"I'm sorry, what tone?" She asked.

"I don't know, it just sent negativity to me." Cas replied.

Out of all the people, the one who would detect negativity and a simple statement would be a hotheaded ex-football player. "Negative? How, me dying first? That's not negative, I think it's alright to say that type of statement because, well, it's usually interpreted as a nice thing to say, I guess. That's why I say a lot."

"Okay. . . Th-That's, okay want to hang out or something? On Monday? That's your day off right? Can we? A movie or something." He asked.

She bit her lip, but answered anyways. "Sure, on Monday." Taylor said.

"Well, finally."

"Had it been hard to ask me out?" Taylor laughed, she didn't know why, it could have been an inside joke.

"No, it's just you seem to be always busy, whenever I try, I'd see you with Tomlinson." Cas said.

Oh yeah. "He's my best friend, what do you expect?"

"That'll be really hard on my side, do you know that?" Cas replied. Taylor got some sort of funny feeling that he is serious about this. She even wondered how Cas is single. . . Or is he? "You know, because if I like this girl, and her best friend was my old archenemy, that's kind of a rough patch. I'm not saying I'm giving up though" he confessed. OVER THE PHONE!

"B-But Cas -- are you even sure about this?" Taylor asked. Yes, she didn't know what to say. She's used to it, too but it kinda felt weirder over the phone. Like come on dude, you can't blame me for thinking of something else, how would I know if you are dead serious?!