Chapter 2 - Ascend to Hueco Mundo

~Time Skip in Soul Society~

"...go"

Someone's been calling him. Kurosaki Ichigo, the substitute Shinigami.

"I..igo"

There goes the voice again. The voice that he know it very well. The voice of someone important to him.

"Ichigo!" The last calling causing Ichigo finally open his eyes. He rise up his body and found the voice's owner right beside him. "Are you alright?" She asked. He tried to remember what happened. Yes, he was practicing in a hidden are that Yoruichi made. Looks like he got tired from the training and just went asleep. He take a look at the figure sitting right beside him and found...

"R-Ran?"

"How're you feeling?"

"I'm fine. Thanks to Yoruichi-san and Renji, I'm confident to save Rukia" Ichigo said.

Toudo Ran. She's Ichigo's distant relative and staying at his house for a while. She's in same age with Ichigo and he considered Ran as his little sister. She's following him to Soul Society because she's worried about Rukia. Moreover, Ran also worried about Ichigo but this making Ichigo more worried about her. He doesn't want Ran to get hurt and convinced her to stay at the human world and wait for his return but Ran is too stubborn to hear his advice and keep following him.

"Well then. Ran? You stay with Renji so when he got Rukia, just go with him and hide somewhere" Ichigo said.

"Eh?"

"Don't worry. I won't lose" Ichigo vowed to Ran and she knows better whenever Ichigo vowing something to her, he will do it. He would not lose to anybody.

"Okay" Ran said and both of them exit the hidden area where Renji already waiting for them.

"Yoo! You ready, Ichigo?" Renji asked.

"Of course I am. I'm counting on you about Rukia. And Ran too" Ichigo said.

"Sure. Well, let's go Ran" Renji said and Ran only nodded. The three of them go their separate ways. Ichigo went alone while Renji and Ran went together to their location.

***

Sokyoku Hills

Renji and Ran already reached their location and wait until Ichigo save Rukia. Few minutes later, Ichigo appeared and saved Rukia.

"I'm going now. I'll give you a sign when its save" Renji said.

"Okay" Ran answer and Renji get out from his hiding point and attacking the guards. Ran could see Renji don't have any difficulty handling the guards. Seeing Renji giving a sign to her, Ran run towards him and standing beside him. "Hm? What's Ichigo doing?"

"Huh? Wh--! What are you doing, Ichigo? Don't tell me..."

"Catch her!" Ichigo shout at him and throwing Rukia to Renji.

"You idiot!!!" Renji shout back at him and catching Rukia but he got thrown far enough from where he were standing.

"R-Renji-kun?!? Rukia?!?" Ran called them and run towards them.

"Ichigo!!! You idiot!!" Rukia cursing him.

"What are you gonna do if I drop her?!?" Renji shouting at him.

"Take her away!" Ichigo told them, confusing Renji and Rukia. "What are you doing? I said take her away. It's your job now! Don't you dare drop her! And watch over Ran too!" Ichigo said. Renji then carrying Ruki and Ran both and run away from there. He could sense few of the lieutenants are chsing him but Ichigo blocking them.