Chapter 17 - At Last

It has been four days since Ran went back to Las Noches. She spent another normal days with Aizen and the others, as well with Ren. She was sitting in the couch in her room staring at the silent scenery. Staring at emptiness. Since that day, after her mother died and having the dream about Aizen and the woman in pink who was like Ran, she couldn't bring a normal conversation anymore with Aizen. She wanted to ask him about the dream but she was scared too. Scared if she will knew something that she didn't want to hear it. In the middle of her daydreaming, someone was knocking the door, interrupting her mind. The door was opened, by...

"...Ran?" 

"Ren-kun? What's wrong?" She asked and then Ren closed the door and walked towards her.

"Is something wrong?" He asked, causing Ran confused of his question. "I know you're shock because of your mother's death, but... I think there's something else bothering you. What's wrong?" Ran looked at him, to her it was obvious for Ren to know what she was thinking because they already been together for quiet time. But for now, she didn't want to tell him what she was worrying about.

"I'm okay, Ren-kun" She smiled.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah. Don't worry about me"

"Well, if you said so. By the way, dinner's ready. Aizen and the others already there" Mentioning his name already made Ran twitched her body. But, she better obeyed or he will gave her punishment. In her experiences, whenever Aizen giving punishment to his subordinates, it was really harsh and almost made themselves got killed.

"Okay" She stood up from her couch and headed to the main hall.

***

Main Hall

"Oh! Finally the little princess came. Ran-chan! Have a seat beside me!" Ichimaru requested her. As Ren said, Aizen and Tosen also Ichimaru already there. Ichimaru said to have a seat beside him, it was also implying to let her...sitting beside Aizen too. Both of them walked towards the table and as Ichimaru requested to, she took a seat beside her while Ren taking the opposite of her. Once they were complete, they began to ate their food, except for Ran.

"Do you dislike the food?" Aizen asked.

"Eh? N-No! Not at all. I was just..." She was trying to find a reason. She couldn't said that she felt very uncomfortable around him for now.

"Oh my, Ran-chan? Are you all right? Are you sick?" Ichimaru asked while touching her forehead. "Hmm... There's no sign of fever. What's wrong, Ran-chan?"

"I'm okay. Itadakimasu" She started to eat the food. It was good, but Ran just didn't have any appetite. She could only manage five spoons to entered her stomach. When she began her sixth one, suddenly a strong grip grabbed her hand, surprising her causing Ran fell the spoon to the plate. She looked at the owner and then...

"You do not have to push yourself if you do not have any appetite" Aizen said. He wiped his mouth with napkin. Ran glanced towards his food and surprisingly, he already finished. She's also realized Ren and Tosen already finished too. Ichimaru was almost done. Aizen then stood up and pulled Ran to his direction.

"Wa--! Aizen-san!" Despite her protests, Ran still followed him obediently and both of them exit the hall.

"Is something wrong with Ran-chan?" Ichimaru asked while eating his meal.

"Finished your chewing then speak" Tosen scolded him.

"Geez~ Tosen-san you're too strict"

"Well, she said nothing's wrong. But, I think there's something bothering her" Ren explained.