Chapter 14 - Promise Under the Cherry Blossom Tree

Aizen caught Ran was standing in front of the tree. As she told him, the tree was very pretty. Prettier than the trees he saw before he went to this hidden spot. The tree was very tall and the flowers were many. The wind was very strong as it flew the petals every where. He then move forward to her, standing few feet from her.

"Ran..." She slowly looked to him, looking rather confused.

"H-How did you get here?"

"...You told me once about this place, remember? Well, it's because I followed your reiatsu. It is very hard because your reiatsu sometimes gone but then appeared again. Are you capable to do that?"

"Eh? N-No, I don't"

"I see..." Both of them became silent. Before he could opened his mouth...

"My mom..." She suddenly said. "My mom... I really admire her. She's a very strong woman. Even when she found out her condition become worse, she never complained. Instead, she appeared happy and cheerful as always so me and my dad won't have to worry about her. But, seeing her like that made me even more worried" She said as she tried to hold back her tears. "You know... Even though you said she's not my real mother, but I will always considered her as my mother. She's the one who take care of me. The one who always supported me, protected me even when my dad--" She stopped her sentence and looked aside.

"Why are you pausing? Is there something you don't want me to know about? I assume there is something wrong regarding your father, isn't it?" He asked coldly. "Did that man do something to you?"

"N--No. It was...nothing" She lied. Aizen knew she was lying but he thought he let it slide just for now. He raised up his hand and caressed her hair. "Um, Aizen...san?" She looked up at him.

"You don't need to worry. Everything is going to be alright" He assured her. To Ran, this was the first time she could hear his voice sounded so...kind and warm. Usually his tone was more like a commanding but right now...he was so kind and...Ran could looked at his eyes as his gaze became warm and kindness could be seen through his gaze.

Both of them stayed like that for quiet some time. They looked at each other. Observing each other. He pulled his hand from her hair and went down to her cheek. Caressing her cheek with his thumb. Her face became red as his eyes continue to looked at her. He could see the girl was trying to hold back her tears for flowing down but he could see her eyes became watery. He could sense himself became weird, he could hear Ran was calling him but... Looks he didn't intended to respond. He slowly lowering down his face to her, Ran, on the other side already tried to push him away. Before his lips captured her...

Aizen-taicho

His eyes became wide open as he recalled something, or rather...someone. He withdraw from her and took step back from Ran.

"Ai...zen-san? Ano..."

"I'm sorry..." He apologized while looked away from her.

"No... Um, should we head back? It's almost night" She asked but Aizen only answer by nodding. Ran leaded the way while Aizen followed her. He was stuck in his mind, thinking about what he was doing. For him, he was doing a mistake. He didn't take her with him to become his lover or something. He was fulfilling a promise he made to a precious friend. Something bad will happened if Aizen didn't take Ran with him.

He tried assuring himself that it was a mistake that he wanted to...kiss her. It was because Ran has an almost perfect appearances just like her. But... Even himself could not be convinced with that thinking. For the first time ever, a man like Aizen was confuse of his own feeling.