Chapter 23 - Discovered

As Urahara was busy with Ran, Ichigo together with Orihime, Ishida, Sado, Rukia and Renji were waiting in front of his room. They all looked very worry, especially Ichigo. He was not just worrying her but he was also annoyed. He punched the wall lightly, startling all of them there.

"Dammit! Just when we're already saved her! What the hell happened to her?!? Did Aizen do something to her?!?"

"Ichigo! Calm down! We're still not sure what happened to her now. Just calm down and wait until Urahara-san done with her" Rukia said.

"That's right, Kurosaki-kun! Don't worry, Ran-chan will be alright!" Orihime assured him.

"Inoue... Rukia... Yeah, you're right" The moment he settled down, Urahara step out from the room. "Urahara-san? How was she?" He asked.

"Fiuh~ That was rather close. Ah, don't worry. She's okay now. She just have to rest. I already gave her medicine" He said and all of them were feeling relieved.

"Can I see her?" Ichigo asked.

"Later, Kurosaki-san. There are still many things I have to tell you about her. Leave her be for awhile. Please, come with me" He said and headed to the living room. All of them were immediately following him, except for Ichigo who are still standing in front of the room. Orihime found him still standing, slightly touching his shoulder and smiled to him.

"Let's go, Kurosaki-kun. I'm sure Ran-chan just need a good night sleep for now. We could talk to her in the morning. Ne?"

"Inoue... You're right..." He said and followed Orihime to the living room.

***

Living Room

As soon Ichigo and Orihime seated, the atmosphere became tense again. It was like they were waiting for something they wanted to heard but they did not want to either.

"Well, Urahara-san? There is something you want to tell us  about...Ran? What is it?" Renji asked.

"Yes, about that. Actually, I've been reading Kiyo-san's works these past few days. I wanted to know more about the Hogyoku. And then, I found it. The biggest work she was creating, about Toudo-san. The dark secret behind her birth. It was something...that you should not do it in the first place"

"Eh? What do you mean, Urahara-san?" Ishida asked.

"You still remembered that Toudo-san was created by using the Hogyoku, yes? The truth is, she was created by using something, a material that was restricted by the Soul Society"

"Restricted? What was it?" Sado asked. Urahara paused for a moment, it was like he was hesitating on telling them the truth. 

"...Kiyo-san...was using few of souls and hollows to create Toudo Ran-san" He stated and he could heard gasping from all the people there. "So, she's not exactly a human, but not a shinigami and hollow either. It's complicated to decided what of her actually"

"That's...impossible, right? Using souls and hollows. Something like that...that's impossible!" Ichigo said.

"That's the truth, Ichigo" Yoruichi suddenly appeared behind them.

"Yoruichi-san..! You knew?"

"Yeah. Well, I didn't know what of her at first. But when I saw her for the first time, there are something strange about her. Her reiatsu was weird to me. Sometimes low but sometimes very high. But, her power only healing...for now. We're still don't know what her true power is but Kisuke said to not ever take Ran back here.

"Eh? Why?" Rukia asked.

"Kurosaki-san..." Urahara called. "Toudo-san was created by the Hogyoku and from Kiyo-san's research, she is not allowed to be dissociated from the Hogyoku. Or something terrible will happened"