Chapter 34 - The True Proposal

"Hmm... 37,8 degrees. It's not that high but you should rest today" Ren said while he was checking the thermometer. After yesterday's incident, because Ran was running in the rain-the next morning she finally caught a fever. "You're really not changed, are you? Always easy to caught a fever" Ren playfully said.

"Uuh... I'm sorry"

"Why are ya apologizing for? It's not Ran-chan is in fault or something" Gin said.

"Yeah. No one blames you for getting sick. Well then, I'll make you some porridge. Wait for me a bit 'kay?" He touched her head and both him and Gin headed to the door.

"Um, Ren-kun!" Ran called him.

"Hm? What is it?" He turned to her. Before she could opened her mouth, she hesitated on asking him something. She wanted to know but the other part of her didn't want to know but Ren could tell just by looking at her face. "Today he's not out for that long" He said, confusing Ran. "That's what you wanna know, right? Aizen's whereabouts" Ran didn't answer but that's what she want to know. "Don't worry, he'll be back before lunch. Well, see you around" 

"Wait for us like a good girl, 'kay?" Gin said and exit the room with Ren. When she obvious they already gone, Ran let out a long sigh.

"So, he's out again today? Is he...meet with that woman again?" Her expression became sad. She wanted to know the truth from Aizen. Whether he was really cheating on her or maybe there were other reasons. She couldn't deny herself that she was indeed...jealous. That was the first time she felt jealous towards someone. She remembered that woman's appearances. She was so mature, beautiful and just by looking her standing in front of Aizen, they were match perfectly. Just by remembering them, she could felt her tears started to dropping down. She immediately wiped it, afraid someone might be entered her room in any minute.

It only takes twenty minutes until Gin entered her room while he brought the porridge for Ran. "Hiya, Ran-chan! Here's your porridge!" He said and headed to the bedside and sat beside her. "Want me to feed ya?" He asked.

"Eh? N-No. It's okay. I can eat it by myself"

"Are ya sure? Well, I won't force ya. Here ya go" He put the tray between her legs. "Be careful, it's still hot"

"Yeah. Thank you, Gin-san"

"You're very welcome, Ran-chan" Ran then began to ate the porridge. Gin only silently watching her. Rather made Ran felt awkward about it. Usually, the one who always sat beside her was Aizen. She really missed him. Yesterday she didn't get any chance to meet him again at night because she was still...shock of what she saw in the human world and didn't want to see his face for awhile. But now... Because she's sick, she wanted him to be by her side. Taking care of her like he always do. Spoiling her like always. "Um, Ran-chan?" He called, breaking her from her thoughts.

"Hm? What is it, Gin-san?" She asked.

"...Ya probably should ask him on what happened today" He suddenly said, kinda made Ran confused of his sudden statement.

"Eh? Wh-Why?"

"Why? You're curious, right? Ya wanted to know what he was doing in human world. And more importantly, with another woman? Ya have the rights to know, Ran-chan. Don't worry, I'll support ya" Gin said. That was true though, Ran had the rights to know what he was doing. She already wait for quiet time to wait for him to explain. Probably right now is the perfect time for her to asked him what happened.

"O-Okay. I'll ask him when he get back. Just let me know if he already returned" Ran said.

"Roger! But first, ya have to finished your porridge and drink your medicine and get some rest. I'm sure he will be back after ya get some rest" Ran only nodded on his statement and continue to are the rest of her meal. After she's done with her meal, she drank the medicine she got from Gin. It appears the medicine he brought from Szayel Aporro. Ran immediately went back to sleep after she took the medicine and Gin exit her room after he made sure Ran already slept.