Chapter 9 - The Next Plan

"He will give Inoue Orihime back in exchange...give Toudo Ran back to him. To Aizen" Ukitake informed them. All of them can only shocked, especially Ichigo...and also Ran who was still eavesdropping them.

"Wh-What did you...say? Jushiro-san?" Ichigo asked.

"Are you sure about that, Ukitake-taicho?" Renji asked.

"Unfortunately, it is the truth. His message was very clear. He won't let Inoue Orihime go until we give Toudo-san to him"

"No way... Just what exactly he wants from Ran? Jushiro-san? Do you know something?" Ichigo asked again.

"I'm sorry, Kurosaki-kun. But, I do not know as well. We are still investigating as well, to discover the exact reasons why Aizen desperately want her"

"I see..."

"Ichigo" Renji touched his shoulder while Ichigo looked down to the floor "For now, you could just be patient and wait for the next move. I know you want Inoue back and you don't want to let Ran go to him"

"I know"

"We will informed you again if we have another news" Ukitake informed them.

"Okay~ Thank you, Ukitake-taicho!" Rangiku thanked him and turned off the monitor. The atmosphere became heavy. Right now, they have to decided a difficult decision. They don't want to lose neither Orihime or Ran. Meanwhile, Ran was doing the same. She was thinking if all of this was her fault. She was thinking if that time when Grimmjow came to human world, she should followed him back with Tosen. She was thinking if she should...gave herself to Aizen so Orihime will be back here, safely.

"Sorry, guys. I head back first" Ichigo said and immediately turned to the door, ignoring Renji's calling and then... "Hm? Eh? R-Ran?" He saw Ran stood right outside the door. He was examining her condition and clearly she heard everything inside. But, there is one thing which was confusing him. "How long you've been there?"

"Since... Jushiro-san told you the agreement. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to eavesdropping. I thought you were only talking for the next move"

"N-No! It's not your fault" Both of them became silent. The air was so tense since nobody was brave enough to bring out a topic.

"Um, Ichigo? If that's the case, I'll--"

"No!" He countered her unfinished statements, made her shocked. "I know what you wanna say. You wanna give yourself to him, right? I won't let that! I'll save both you and Inoue!"He looked at her, wearing his serious expression.

"Ichigo..." 

"Come on, Ran! We're going home!"

"Eh? W-Wait! Ichigo!" She immediately ran to him. Meanwhile, the remaining shinigami-they looked...puzzled.

"Oi, Matsumoto?"

"Yes, taicho?"

"Did you sensed her reiatsu while we were in the middle of discussion?" Hitsugaya asked.

"No, I didn't. That was weird. There is no way us, especially yourself taicho to not be able to sensed someone's reiatsu"

"Is she concealing it or something? I don't sensed it either" Renji said.

"Just, what of her? Is this the reason why Aizen wanted her so badly?" Hitsugaya confused.

~Timeskip~

"You guys, ready? Chad? Ishida?" Ichigo asked to them.

"Yeah" Sado answered.

"You don't have to ask that. Of course I'm ready. For Inoue-san and Toudo-san"