Chapter 20 - Birthday Present and Valentine Present

The usual day.

Another usual day.

Since Ren came to Las Noches, the only things he was doing besides commanding the arrancars to guard the castle was...cooking. To him, it was rather ridiculous but that's what he likes to do. He was checking on a calendar. Before he went to Las Noches, he brought few things which he thought will be rather useful and one of them-it's a calendar.

"Hmm... So, tomorrow is the day, huh?" He said to himself. It seems tomorrow is the day of something special to him. He then exit his room and while he was walking, he thought to go to human world to grab something for tomorrow. Along the way, he caught Ran's figure was standing silently staring at the outside. "Ran!" He called and he could see Ran was very surprise of his sudden arrival and looked at him.

"Oh, Ren-kun? You surprised me, what's wrong?"

"Sorry about that. Um, is there something outside? Or you fall to your head again?"

"Ahaha~ Not exactly. I just...bored so I was thinking to go outside for a fresh air. But, because I couldn't exactly wondering around too far from my room so..."

"Oh yeah. Aizen told you that, huh? Did you...do something again?"

"....nothing" He knew there was something going on between them but he better didn't ask any further because Ren knew Ran won't tell him anything. And from his eyes, he could see there was definitely something between these two, especially...from the few marks around her neck.

Geez~ Aizen... You sure are so scary when you got jealous

Ren thought in his mind. It reminds him that few days ago, Gin told him that Aizen caught Ran was just getting a confession from Grimmjow and it appears he was doing something to Ran which made Aizen forbid her to get out from her room. She was allowed to but she couldn't wondering too far without Ulquiorra.

"By the way, what happened to Ichigo? He's taking a very long time to get here, isn't he? I guess it was right to strengthen the defense, huh?"

"...I think so. But... It will be better if he just go home"

"Eh? Why?"

"Because... If he came here, he will got himself killed and I don't want that" Ran said with a sad face.

"Ran..." Ren could tell Ran was pretty down. Not just because of Grimmjow, but because of Aizen too. He was thinking to do something for her, to made her happy again. One thing strikes his mind, he was planning something for tomorrow and thinking to invite her, so... "Oh, Ran? You know, you should go back to your room now" He said, rather made her confuse. "You should stay still at your room and when--"

"Ren" Someone was calling him and when he looked behind him, Aizen already stood behind him. Ran soon felt uneasy with him around, so he whispered in her ear. "Just wait until I came pick you up, okay?"

"O-Okay" She answered and head back to her room.

"What are you doing, Ren?"

"Nothing~ I was just accompanying the lonely Ran-chan who are not allowed to go outside because of someone's jealousy" He said to him with a mocking tone in his words. Good grief! Why did you do to her?!? You didn't...touch her, right???"

"....I wonder"

<< Flashback

"It seems I have to remind you to who exactly you are belong to. Prepared yourself... Ran" He stated coldly and suddenly closing his lips to her forcefully. Ran was trying to struggle but she couldn't much with her hands got pinned down.