Chapter 21 - Cruelty

As soon as Ran woke up, she went to take a shower and as usual waiting in the room until Aizen came to picked her up. But, no matter how long she wait-Aizen didn't come to her room. She started to wondering whether he's still sleeping which she thought that's impossible or maybe he was going somewhere and late on picking her up. And then there are knocks from the door.

"Oh, Ran-chan? Are ya awake already?"

"Gin-san? What's wrong?"

"Oh yeah, the thing is... Aizen-taicho haven't come back yet from his work so he's unable to pick ya and because Ren is with him too and there's no food now. I already asked the arrancar to cook for us, so be a good girl and wait for it, 'kay?"

"I see..." So, Aizen indeed went somewhere and with Ren too. "Um, when they'll get back?"

"Hmm.... They've been gone for quiet time, probably some time later. Hehe~ Don't worry about Aizen-taicho, he won't easily got killed y'know?"

"That's--That's not what I meant!"

It took them thirty minutes until the breakfast is ready and as Aizen's replacement, Gin was the one who escort her to the dining room. Tosen was not there also, probably he also went with Aizen. That leaves only Ran and Gin who ate the breakfast.

"Um, Gin-san?"

"Hm?"

"Can I know the reason why you've been following Aizen-san?" She asked and suddenly his face became serious. To her, it was rare for Gin to be that serious. His eyes were still closing as always but he didn't smile cheerfully as usual.

"....You see, Ran-chan? At first, I wanna get revenge on him"

"Eh? Revenge? Why?"

"It's a personal matter which involving Rangiku. I joined him in order to get close to him so I can find a way to killed him, one day. But then, I came to learned that everything he done was for Kiyo-san. I'm sure you're already heard about her, right? Everything he did was for her and after she died, he never stopped looking for you. When I realized, I just wanna help him, not just because what Kiyo-san said but I just wanted to help him,  even though it'll have to cost by destroying Soul Society" He paused for a moment while playing his spoon in the plate.

"You see, Ran-chan. He maybe did all of this because of Kiyo-san but he did everything for ya. He will never stopped until he felt ya already saved. Believe in him a little, 'kay?" He said while patting her head. "At first, watching Aizen-taicho did all of this just because of a girl is rather comical. A person like him got swinging around because of a girl is totally a rare sight. I bet if the Soul Society found out, they maybe sweat dropping" Ran didn't know on how to react of his words but it's true, they were probably not expected that Aizen was doing all of this just for...her. She was happy hearing it from Gin, but she wanted to heard it from Aizen himself, whether it was true or not. When they were in the middle of the breakfast, somebody entered the dining.

"Ah, Aizen-taicho! Welcome back! Ren and Tosen-san too" Gin greeted them.

And then Ran, timidly... "W-Welcome home"

Aizen smiled lightly towards her and touched her head a bit. "I'm home, Ran. I'm sorry I couldn't picked you up for breakfast"

"N-No, that's okay. Gin-san is accompanying me. Hm?" Ran looked at him and how she was staring at Aizen rather made him...weird. He loved her gaze. It was like her gaze shown a sincerity, innocence, and how beautiful her emerald green eyes. Sometimes he felt she will be able to know what kind of person he was just by looking at him. To him, Ran was indeed the same with Kiyo. It was like he was looking at the younger version of Kiyo. But, of course he know-that she wasn't Kiyo. Ran maybe looked the same as Kiyo but she was not her.