Chapter 8 - The Hidden Power

Yesterday was really a tiring day. Ichigo has finally controlled his inner hollow. Ran was pretty scared because he almost attacked her and the rest of the Visoreds. Ichigo suggester her to go home while he stayed with the Visored. On her way home, she met Urahara Kisuke who was very happy to see her back home. He sensed Ran was having an unusual power within her and asked her to come meet him tomorrow, which is today, to have a training. He thought if Ran could control her power, it will become an advantage in the battlefield one day.

***

Urahara's Shop

"Um, this is the place, right?" She checked back the map which Urahara has give it to her yesterday. 

"Toudo Ran, I presume?" Suddenly someone asked her.

"Uwaa! Eh?" She looked at the owner and found a very tall man with tan-skinned, cornrowed hair, and large mustache. He wore glasses and an apron with white shirt underneath. "Um, y-yes"

"Urahara-dono has been waiting for you. Excuse me, my name is Tsukabishi Tessai. I worked here. Pleased to meet you" Tsukabishi introduced himself.

"Oh, nice to meet you too. I'm Toudo Ran"

"Please, this way" He let Ran to enter the shop first. When they in the shop, Tsukabishi excused himself to called Urahara as she wait in the living room. Ran got remembered Yoruichi once told her and Ichigo that Urahara was the previous Captain in Soul Society but he got exiled due to a very serious problem. She was wondering what could the problem be. But, it was not her problem, she's better not too involved in someone's else problem as she always got something worse when she stick on somebody's nose.

"Welcome, Toudo-san. I've been expecting you" Urahara entered the living room.

"Oh, good afternoon, Urahara-san"

"Good afternoon. What do you want to drink? Tea?"

"Yes, please"

"Roger~ Ururu! Tea please!" While they were waiting, Ran was thinking to start the conversation first. She was wondering what kind of power she hold beside her healing ability. Is there something else? "I can see you were wondering, correct?"

"Um, yes. The truth is I had always wondered of why I have this power. Why I can see spirits. But, when I met Ichigo and he is also able to see spirits, I was happy because I'm not the only one have this power. Urahara-san, could you tell me what other power that I have?"

"Well, I sense a potential within you. Your healing ability for example, it could be much stronger if you trained-it could be more stronger than Inoue-san's. But, perhaps we should test it? So, I can know what other talents that you have? Shall we, Toudo-san?"

"Yes, please!"

"Follow me, please" Both exit the living room and entered another room. The training area that she always known. The training area that Ichigo used before they went to Soul Society.

"Eh? Sado-kun and... Hime-chan?"

"They're training here too. But, I guess they could do it by themselves. Now, I shall teach you. Are you ready, Toudo-san?"

"Yes!" She answered as she saw Orihime was waving at her and she waved back at her.

"Well then, Toudo-san. First of all..." He let out his zanpakuto and suddenly sliced his hand a bit, startling her. "Could you please try heal my wound?"

"O-Okay!" She raise his hand to his injury and heal the wound.Unlike an orange light that Orihime usually have when she was healing someone, Ran's light was like a blue sky and it's very warm. As she was healing his wound, Urahara was observing his ability. True, it could be put in use to his thought. But, there's something more special about her. There are still more talent inside of her. Another thing that hit in his mind, that even though he just knew her when Ran was helping Ichigo-he felt that he already knew her for a long time. He can't just remembered where and when. "Urahara-san?" She called. "I already finished healing your wound"