Chapter 33 - Betrayal?

"Hm?" In the middle of her walk, she caught Aizen's figure in front of her. "Aizen-san!" She shouted but Aizen didn't react to her. Ran thought he probably didn't listen so she tried again. "Aizen-san!" Again, he didn't turned his back to her. She ran towards him and called him once again but unfortunately, he only continued to walk ahead, ignoring her. "Um, Aizen-san? I've been calling you. Aizen-san?" No reaction from the older man. Ran started to became confuse on the sudden change from him and didn't know what happened. As she continued followed him from behind, one thing hit on her mind and that probably the reason on why Aizen didn't answered her.

"Um... S-Sousuke-san...?" She called him with his name. And right immediately, Aizen stopped his steps-causing Ran almost bumped to him and he slowly turned his head to him while smiling to her.

"Yes, Ran?" He asked, innocently. Rather made Ran irritated and annoyed with his attitude.

"Uuh... I've been calling you, you know?" She sulked.

"Well, it's your own fault. You should called me with my name in case you forgot. You need practice so you will get used to it. Well then, is something wrong?" He asked.

"Oh, yeah. Um, are you going out again today?"

"Yes. Why?"

"I see. A-Actually, I just want you to accompany me for a while. But, because you're still busy so I guess maybe we can do it later. It's not that urgent. So, don't worry about it" She said the reason.

"I apologize"

Ran shook her head while maintaining her smile. "It's okay, Sousuke-san. I can't help it, right?" Watching her reaction, causing Aizen patted her head and gave her a light kiss in her lips.

"I'll be sure to return before you know it" He said and then walked away from her. Since the day they returned to Hueco Mundo, Ran realized Aizen's odd behavior. He started to went somewhere without her consent. The next thing she knew, he already gone. Every time she asked, he always said he was searching for his previous Arrancars. Said he wanted to prepared because he was still not sure Soul Society will leave them alone or maybe another new threat will come to them so he better strengthen their defenses. 

After she made sure Aizen already gone from her sight, she let out a short sigh. She couldn't deny herself that she was indeed...lonely. 

"Hm? Ran?" Ren appeared from her back.

"Oh, Ren-kun? What's wrong?"

"That should be my line. What happened? Oh, lemme guess. Aizen went off somewhere again?"

"Um, y-yeah..." Her face became sad. Aizen already told her the reason but somewhere in her mind, Aizen was not telling the truth and that made her became more depressed. Looking at her sad face, causing Ren unable to hold himself to patted her head, hoping he will calmed her down.

"Hey, don't make that face. I'm sure he's just busy now. He already promised to spend your holiday with him, right?" Ren assured her.

"...Yeah. You're right" She said. Right now, she could only wait for him and be patient. "I'm going back to my room now. See you later, Ren-kun" Ran parted with him and headed to her room. After he made sure Ran already gone, his expression. Like he felt guilty about it.

"Sorry I can't tell you the real reason, Ran..."

***

Ran's Room

When she back to her room, Ran immediately thrown herself to her bed. She couldn't deny herself that she indeed felt lonely. She could only hope Aizen will came right now and spoiled her like he usually do but no matter she looked at the door, there was no sign of someone will entered the room. Until... She could hear knocks outside. When the door being opened from outside, it appears...