•4•

[Zach]

I sat in the living room with my phone on my hand. Whether to call Mariah or not. I've never felt like this before...

Well, I have when Katrina was still alive but after that... All of the girls that I've dated so far have no effect on me.

But Mariah has, somehow, and it's so powerful that I couldn't bring myself to resist her. Sure that she's hot but I don't really care about her body shape. It's her blue eyes that really mesmerized me.

Oh what am I blabbering about?! I shouldn't be like this. Katrina's only been dead for seven months! Far out! She would feel bad if I fell for another girl.

So yeah. Months after Kat's death, I decided to date other girls but there's only one thing that's missing. The impact. Their impact on me. So that's why it never worked out. And besides, the other girls were just using me to meet Trent, Will, Julian and Jayden.

"Thinking about that girl?" Trent asked me as he sat on the foot of my bed while smiling at like some kind of an idiot.

"Trent, stop doing that. You look like a psycho, seriously. You're scaring me actually." I said as I rolled my eyes.

"Did you ask her number?"

I nodded. "Then what are you waiting for? Go ahead and call her!!!" he nagged as he shook my shoulders. "Call her!!! Call her!!! Call her!!! Call her!!! Call her!!! Call her!!! Call her!!! Call her!!! Call her!!! Call her!!! Call her!!! Call her!!! Call her!!! Call her!!! Call her!!! Call her!!! Call her!!! Call her!!! Call her!!! Call her!!! Call her!!! Call her!!! Call---!!!"

"Okay! Okay! Just calm your tits down, alright?" I said. I scrolled through my phone contacts and clicked on her number....

[Mariah]

I still can't get over with the fact that Zach asked my number. It's like I'm walking on cloud nine. I was eating a Chinese take-out while watching t.v. when my phone suddenly rang. I didn't bother to look at the caller I.D. because I knew that it's just my mom, checking on me.

"Mom, I'm tired. Can we talk later?" I said.

"Oh sorry... I knew I shouldn't have called." A male's voice said on the other end of the line. And I knew whose voice is it. It's Zach's.

"Uh... Zach?"

"I'm glad that you recognized me somehow."

I blushed so badly because of my stupid stunt a few minutes ago and slapped myself.

"I was wondering maybe if I could take you out somewhere tomorrow..." He said. "You know, so that we could hang out and stuff."

"Are you asking me out?" I asked, part of me hoping he would answer yes and part of me hoping he would say no.

"Well, as a friend. Don't worry; it's not a special date. Just a friendly date."

"Okay."

"Okay. What do you mean by 'okay'? Okay, you'll go out with me tomorrow or Okay because you understand the difference between a friendly date and a special date?"

I laughed. Seriously, this guy can be like a child sometimes.

"Both." I replied.

"What time do you want me to pick you up?" he asked.

"Um... About 10-ish?"

"Okay. Cool."

Then we both said our goodbyes then we both hung up and I hope that we'd have a good time tomorrow.