•37•

[Mariah]

"Enjoy your meal sir." I said to the male customer and he smiled and thanked me in return. I went back to the counter and I felt the painful sensation again in my head and it became even more painful that I wanna bang my head on the wall right now.

"Mariah, are you alright?" Amy asked me and I just shook my head. She pulled me into the kitchen and let me sat down on a stool.

"Okay, tell me what's wrong." She said.

"I've been having migraines these past few weeks." I said. "And I'm afraid that it's getting worse and worse."

"You need to have the doctor to check you out. I mean, what if that leads to a serious problem?" She said and then she got a pill from her bag and handed it to me and then got me a glass of water and drank it.

"Well, last night, I fainted out on Zach and we went to the doctor and I was told that it was just because of overfatigue." I said.

"Maybe you should go and have yourself checked out again by another doctor."

And so I scheduled an appointment with Dr. Stewart and I was scheduled this coming Friday... Wait. It's my birthday this Friday! Oh well, who cares about that? Zach probably didn't even know when my birthday is so... stuff that. It's just an ordinary day, anyway.

**

Friday came by fast as I had least expected. I walked into Dr. Stewart's room and he asked me some questions like for how long did I have a migraine?, when was my last menstruation and all that sort of stuff. They did a test on me and the test was given to me at the end of the day.

"Ms. Carter, based from the signs that that was observed from you, I have concluded that you have a brain tumor." Dr. Stewart said then he gave me the paper which contains the result of my test. I was really shocked. He was telling me about the treatments but I wasn't really paying any attention because my mind has been occupied by the questions 'how am I gonna tell Zach about this?' or 'How am I supposed to tell the other guys?' 'How am I supposed to tell my parents and my sister?'

I told the doctor that I would think about it and then I went off to the counter to pay for my check-up.

As I walked home, I don't know whether should I tell Zach and the other guys about this. I can't even bear to tell them about this condition of mine.

What a great gift for my birthday! NOT.

I sighed as I tried to held my tears back.

"Don't cry Mariah. You can do this! You can! You're stronger than you thought you were." I said to myself as I wiped the tear that escaped my left eye. Then I continued to walk home. When I got home, I immediately went into my room without saying 'Hello' to the guys because if I did, my mouth would just slip out.

I got changed into my house clothes and lied down on my bed thinking of what to do next in my life. How? When? I'm so scared. What if I don't wake up the next day?

So many thoughts are running through my mind that eventually made me feel very sleepy so I decided to give in and dozed off.