•12•

[Zach]

After the incident, the sleepover was back to normal. We watched again a movie but this time, it was a funny movie and we were all peeing our pants while laughing. We actually had a movie marathon up until 3 a.m. then we already called it off.

"I'll sleep on the floor." Mariah said as she took one of my pillows.

"No." I said. "You will sleep on the bed."

"Okay... But what about you?" she asked.

"Um... Me? Well, I can sleep on the floor." I replied.

"Okay... You know, Zach, it's already three a.m. and I'm already sleepy and I've got work tomorrow so I don't have time to argue about this." She said. "Let's just make it this way. How about I sleep beside you on this bed tonight? This is your bed after all. It would be a shame if you won't get to sleep on it." God. The logic of this girl just amazes me. I like her. Er... I mean her logic.

"Sounds like a perfect idea but are you sure about that? I mean... I'm a boy and you're a girl---." She cut me off by putting her two fingers on my lips.

"Of course I am sure about it and besides, we're just best friends right? Best friends can sleep together on the same bed..." She said then she already put her fingers away from my lips.

I just laughed and smiled then she already lied down on my bed then I lied down beside her and turned the lampshade off on my bedside table. "Zach, don't get mad at me when I ask you this, okay?" She said.

"Okay." I said. "Go ahead. Shoot."

"Um... Zach... About Kat..." She started off. And my heart started to pound wildly again.

Katrina...

The girl who I love very much and the only girl who loved me back for who I am.

"Do you still love her?" Mariah asked.

"Of course I still do." I replied. "She may not be physically with me but she'll always be in my heart." Then silence settled between us but it wasn't long until she broke the silence again.

"Have you found someone else yet? You know... To love you for who you really are?" She said.

"I don't know." I said. "Maybe. Maybe not. I'm still working my feelings out for this girl."

"Oh okay then." she replied then she yawned. "I gotta sleep now. See ya at 7.30 in the morning."

"Alright. Sweet dreams." I said then a moment later I also fell asleep and submerged into a deep slumber that I wouldn't expect to have her in my dreams once again... Katrina.

"Zach." Katrina said. Oh god. I missed her voice.

"Kat!" I said in joy and ran up to her and hugged her tight. When I let go, I saw a sad look in her face. "Why? What's wrong?"

"I don't wanna be the reason of your suffering, Zach." She said.

"What? I don't understand." I said.

"Zach, I want you to be always happy. Even though I'm already gone."

"But Katrina, I'll never be that happy if I'm not with you. I mean what's the point of being happy when you're not by my side?"

"I AM ALWAYS BY YOUR SIDE."

I looked at her, more confused.

"Life's too short Zach so live life to the fullest while you can." She said then she started fading into the white light and smoke and when I opened my eyes, my cheeks were stained with tears. I miss her. But I can't figure out what she's trying to say to me... What does she mean?