•5•

[Zach]

"So??? What did she say???" Trent asked.

"None of your business Trent." I said snobbily and his eyes widened and his mouth opened as he put his hand on his chest, pretending to be hurt by my remark.

"Stop that Trent. Doesn't suit you. You look like a retard." I said as I sat back down on my bed.

"A good looking retard." He corrected me.

I laughed as I rolled my eyes. Can someone please tell me, am I the only guy in this group that's normal?

"So... Did she say yes?"

"Yeah. Why not? It's just a friendly date."

"Yeah right. Tell me, do you like her?"

"I do but..."

"But you're still afraid to love again. My goodness Zach Russell!!! Katrina's dead! She won't come back again!"

"That's the point Trent. She would never go back to me again... And I would never find another girl like her!"

"Maybe you already did. Maybe even a better girl."

"What do you mean?"

"You'll find it out yourself soon."

Then he stood up and went out of my room. Sometimes, he's like Will. He talks very deep. Oh well. He's weird and I'm used to it.

I hope everything would go well tomorrow.

[Mariah]

I sat in the living room in my pink silk jumpsuit and a pair of doll shoes. I also had my red beanie on me as well while my purse was sling over to my shoulders. And obviously, I was waiting for Zach.

And after a few minutes later, a knock on my door came and when I opened it, he was there. Looking cute in his black polo shirt and beige pants and then high cut black Converse shoes.

"You look gorgeous." He said and I stared at him straight in his eyes to hide my blushing.

"Uh... T-Thanks." I said. "Uhm... Are we good to go?"

"Yeah. Shall we?" Then he offered me his left arm and I linked my arms to his and gosh... I could feel his muscles underneath his sleeve.

We had fun. We ate into one of the simplest but great restaurants in Sydney. Then we went into an amusement park and rode some rides and played some games.

"Go Zach!" I cheered. He was about to throw the ball onto the stack of cans. He threw the ball and the stack of cans collapsed.

"I did it!!!" Zach cheered. "Did you see that?! I did it!!!"

"Yay!!! I'm so proud of you!!!" I said then I was surprised when he suddenly hugged me. He pulled away and gave me the fluffy and fury teddy bear.

"But you won the game... It's your prize." I said.

"Yeah but I want to give this to you because... You made me happy today." He said as he smiled and his smile was so natural.

"Thank you." I said then gratefully accepted the teddy bear. Now... I have to give something to him too. I looked around and saw a souveneir shop and a clever smile formed on my lips. "Wait here." I said then I ran off.

I went into the soveneir shop and looked around for anything that I can give Zach and luckily, I immediately found one. It was a silver choker with a crucifix as its pendant and it has a dark blue stone in the middle.

I got it from the stand then I went to the counter and paid it. After that, I went out of the shop and saw him standing on the same spot that I left him.

"What's up?" He asked. I smiled then showed him the choker and his face lightened up. "Mariah... You don't have to..."

"But I want to." I said. "I want to give you a gift of appreciation 'coz you made me happy today too." He smiled and said, "Thank you."

Then I put the choker on him and it suited him perfectly.

"Want some ice cream?" He asked thoughtfully.

"Chocolate flavour please." I said while giggling like a little child and he giggled too and intertwined his hands on mine then we went into an ice cream parlor and he got what I requested before. We were actually sharing which is really cute.

"You know, most of the girls that I've taken out on dates before don't like to share a food with me." He said. I looked up at him and burst out laughing.

"Really?! Why?!" I asked.

"Dunno."

"Sharing is really cute, you know."

"Ya think?"

I nodded innocently and he laughed.

"You're like a kid." He said. I looked at up him and stared at him hardly. "What? I'm complimenting you. You're cute when you act like one."

"Thought that was an insult." I said then I was surprised when he leaned over and wiped the corner of my mouth with a tissue.

"You had chocolate remnants at the corner of your mouth." he said as he smiled. God. He's so cute.

After that, we just walked around the amusement park and talked about ourselves and the least topic that I've been expecting to be brought up was... well... Brought up.

"So Mariah, why aren't you interested in going out with someone else?" Zach asked. I looked down and let go of his hand.

"Well... I... I'm scared." I replied. "I've been used over a couple of times before... But I'm not saying that I'm afraid to love again. I want to love but going on a relationship with someone... Just scares me." Then I looked up at him, "How about you? Why haven't you found the perfect girl yet?"

"I already did." He said then his eyes became dark and lonely again like the first time I met him. "But I lost her in a car accident."