•15•

[Zach]

I watched Mariah slept peacefully on her bed. Sigh, this situation reminds me again of Katrina and I.

Yeah... There was a time when I got sick and Katrina was the one who took care of me. Seriously, if she'd be a nurse, she'll be a great one.

Wait... Why do I always remember Katrina whenever I'm with Mariah? They don't have that much in common... Except for the hair. I shook my head and sighed. I stood up and went into her medicine cupboard in her bathroom to check for some medicines but there were none. As in nothing. So I decided to leave a note on her bedside table, saying I'll be back as soon as I've bought her medicines.

I walked into the medicine store and bought what I need then I left already. I don't want to keep her waiting. As I was heading for my car, I accidentally bumped into someone.

"I'm sorry." I said to the girl who has a long black hair and piercing blue eyes. God, she's beautiful. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah. Don't worry; I'm alright." The girl replied with a smile. Her smile... Oh maybe this is what they call heaven.

"Are you sure?" I asked again.

"Yeah." She replied.

"I'm---."

"I know who you are. You're Zach Russell, a member of The Collective."

I smiled at her. How can she act calmly when a member from a famous boy band is now in front of her? Wow. She's just amazing.

She smiled at me again, "I'm Kristine." she said. "Um... I don't want to sound rude but I'm actually in a hurry so I gotta go. See ya around, Mr. Zach Russell!" Then she hurriedly left but then I wouldn't let myself miss another great girl like her. So I followed her, "Um... Kristine!" I said.

She turned around, "Yeah?" she said.

"Can I have your number?"

"Okay."

Then she walked to me and we exchanged numbers then after that, we went separate ways. Sigh, what a great day it is!

I went back to Mariah's house and checked if she's awake but she's still asleep. I got bored so I cooked a special soup for her so that she'll have something to eat already when she wakes up.

[Mariah]

I woke up to the delicious smell infiltrating the air in my room. I opened my eyes and saw no one in my room but me. I sat up and saw a note on my bedside table. It was from Zach and it says that he'll be right back. Well, I guess he's back already.

I walked out of my room and straight into the kitchen and saw Zach, in my red apron, cooking.

I tried not to laugh but I couldn't hold it in anymore as I watched him from a distance so I let it out. I laughed my heart out and he turned around immediately, embarrassment filling in his whole face.

"Hey, I know that the apron doesn't suit me, okay?" He said in between his little laughs. "You don't need to rub it in."

But still, I couldn't control my laughter so I took my phone out and took a picture of him.

"Mariah!" Zach growled and I laughed even more as he tried to snatch it from me. "Hey! Give me that!"

"No!" I said then I ran out of the kitchen then into the living room where I thought he wouldn't follow me but I was wrong. He was still following me, determined to get my phone off from me and delete his picture off my phone.

"Okay! Okay! I'll delete it!" I said then he stopped. "Really?" He asked hopefully.

I laughed and said, "NO." And there we go again, he chased me around the living room like there was no tomorrow.

He caught me but my phone dropped on the carpeted floor so I kicked it away from the two of us and as I was about to run for it, both Zach and I fell on the floor, with him on top of me.

And as our eyes met, I got lost again in his eyes. They were so pure with happiness and love but also with grief and pain... And I want to remove that grief and pain in him with my love for him that I hope he'll realize soon enough.