•22•

Dedicated to LPpower. I laughed at your comment on the previous chapter. I'm glad that you are so into my story!

Here's the next chapter of Thank God I Found You!

Enjoy!

~TCforever22~

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Trent]

We went to the hospital and the nurses quickly put Mariah onto a stretcher and they rushed her immediately into the emergency room.

I hope that she'll be okay in there.

"We have to call Zach." Jayden said.

"Go and call him." I said.

[Mariah]

I woke up to the blinding lights of the unfamiliar environment that I am in. I squinted my eyes to adjust my vision and I found out that I am in an emergency room.

"What happened to me?" I asked...

My throat hurts and my head as well.

"Ms. Carter, can you remember what happened?" The lady doctor asked me.

"Well, I was walking back to the house when everything went black in my eyes." I replied.

"How are you feeling right now?"

"Dizzy. My throat... It hurts. And my whole body as well."

"Okay. For now, you have to stay here until we finished doing some tests on you."

"Thank you."

She smiled then left immediately.

Sigh... Tests. I've had enough of medical tests when I was 15 years old. Yeah, I've had some medical tests a long time ago because I had a heart problem. The only option in order for me to live is to do a transplant. It was six months before they found a suitable heart for me and when they did, my parents didn't have any second thoughts and agreed already with the heart transplant, so the operation happened soon least than I had expected. The scar from the operation already healed but not the pain of the missed chances of mine living a normal life.

Because I have heart problems at that time, I wasn't allowed to do sport. I'm not allowed to join the lightning carnival. I'm not allowed to laugh so much. I can't be excited about something. I cannot be upset as well. And also, I can't go out and party with my friends every weekends and that's when I started losing my friends but one friend of mine stayed by my side and you all know who it is.

Yes, it's Clarence but well... I don't know if I'll consider him ever as a friend again after what he did to me.

Anyway, going back... Yeah. My life a long time ago was... Pretty boring and fucked up. I became antisocial to people except to my family and Clarence. After I survived the transplantation, I promised to myself to live and love life to the fullest...

But I don't know if I can do that now. Zach hates me. The only guy that I love and trust hates me just because of his girlfriend's lie.

Hmph! That girl, Kristine... I've got to get out of here as soon as possible and prove myself to Zach that I'm telling the truth.

I closed my eyes and prayed that this is just a nightmare that I can wake up from.

[Trent]

Zach arrived a few minutes later. He was still carrying that stupid smile while his friend is in the emergency room, fighting for her life.

"What's up?" He asked casually.

"Are you really that stupid or just insensitive?!" I said angrily. "After you yelled out across Mariah's face and made her upset, you still have the guts to casually ask us 'What's up'?!"

"Trentos, calm down." William said.

"No Will!" I said then I turned to Zach and took a deep breath. "Okay, what kind of lies did that girl feed you?"

"What do you mean?" Zach asked me. "Wait, are you guys thinking that Kristine is lying?" And we just didn't answer anymore because it's too obvious that we're all thinking the same thing about his girlfriend.

"Guys, I know that you don't like her that much but please... Kristine's a nice girl." He said.

"Yeah right." Julian said as he rolled his eyes.

"Zach, we knew that you love this girl but because of that, you're starting to forget the other people around you." William said. "You're starting to change. You weren't like that when Kat's still alive!"

"What are you talking about? I am still the same Zach Russell that you guys have in The Collective!" Zach said.

"No you're not. You've changed." Jayden said nonchalantly.

"Zach, Mariah's upset because of you." I said.

"So what do you want me to do? Believe her lies?" He shot back.

"How can you be so sure that she's lying? Did you even hear her out?"

"Yes I listened to her explanation and it was the complete opposite of what Kristine had told me!"

Fuck. That girl again.

"Then Kristine's lying." Julian suddenly spoke up. We all looked at him and then Zach walked towards him while pointing a finger at him, "Don't you ever dare to accuse Kristine of being a liar!" He shouted at him but William and I pulled him back before he could do anything to the baby of our group, Julian.

"Are you the friends of the patient?" The lady doctor asked us and we all nodded.

"Well, your friend's been transfered to her room and there's nothing to worry about because it's nothing major. She just got a simple and common flu. Now, all she has to do is to stay here in the hospital until she gets better." She added. "And you all can see her already once she wakes up."

Then she left.

"You have to see Mariah." I said to Zach. "She wants to see you."

[Mariah]

I opened my eyes only to find Zach sitting nearby my bed. A smile formed on my lips once I saw him.

"Zach!" I said in delight as I sat up and hugged him but then he pulled away first.

"Lay back down. You still have to rest." He said.

"Zach, I'm so sorry..." I said.

"Save it for the next time you and Kristine would meet." He said firmly as he crossed his arms on his chest, his eyes were filled with disappointment. "Mariah, how could you do that to her? She's my girlfriend!"

"Zach, believe me! I swear! I didn't do that just to hurt her! I just defended myself!"

"Yeah, of course! You did it just to defend yourself! You know what? You are nothing but a selfish bitch!"

And when he said those words, my heart just shattered into pieces.

"Zach!" Trent shouted at him. Zach stood up and walked out of the room and then Trent rushed to my side as I broke into tears while I'm in his arms.