•42•

[Julian]

I was walking back to my room when I heard Trent, William and Jayden talking about someone by the terrace.

"Do you think she's already asked an option for her treatment?" I heard Trent asked.

"Maybe." William said. "Hey Jaydog, has she talked to you yet?"

Jayden shook his head, "Nah. But I think maybe she already did. She's a smart girl so she knows what's right and wrong for her." He said.

"It's really sad that Mariah has to suffer from a brain tumor." Trent said.

Wait...

Dafuq did I just hear?

Mariah's suffering from a brain tumor?!

"I wonder how Zach would react if he finds out about it." William said.

"Mariah has a brain tumor?" I suddenly spoke up and they all looked to me. Then they all looked at each other and then back at me nodded.

"It's been in her for two months." Jayden said.

"Now that you already know about her illness Julian, we beg of you... Please don't tell Zach." William said.

"I understand that you all don't want to make him upset but... You are all upsetting him even more by just lying to him." I said. "He is Mariah's boyfriend and he has the right to know."

Then they all looked at each other and then Trent tapped Jayden's shoulder. "Alright. We'll tell him."

[Mariah]

"We are gonna tell the boys about this, okay? So that they can help you too." Zach told me.

I nodded, "Jayden already knew about my illness." I said. "But how are we gonna tell Trent, William and Julian?"

"Just trust me." He said as he lightly squeezed my hand.

And so we went over to their house to tell the boys the truth. I must admit that I'm hell nervous. What if they won't understand? What if they start pushing me away just because I have this illness? What if they start treating me differently? What if---?

"What if you stop thinking about it?" Zach said while driving, interrupting my thoughts.

"What?" I said.

"You. Stop thinking about it, alright? It'll be okay. They would understand." He said while smiling reassuringly at me and I smiled back too.

[Zach]

I parked my car into the garage and then we both went inside of the house to see the other boys and they were all sitting on the couch like they have been waiting for Mariah and I.

"We've been waiting for you." Trent said solemnly and their faces were all melancholic that it made the atmosphere very awkward.

"Uh... What's with this awkward atmosphere?" Mariah asked.

"We want to talk to with you guys." William said seriously.

"Um... We..." Mariah started off as she looked at me and I gave her a lopsided grin. "We want to talk with you guys as well."

"Sure. What is it?" Julian asked.

Mariah and I looked at each other and then I held her hand tight and smiled at her bravely.

"Guys... I have an illness." She started off. "I have a brain tumor."

And then silence filled the room but not an awkward silence. More of like a comfortable silence. And what's surprising is that they didn't look like they're shocked at all.

"We were going to talk about that to you guys..." Jayden said then he looked at Mariah apologetically. "I'm sorry Mariah. I know that I promised not to tell anyone but they are your friends as well so I decided to tell them. It's okay with me if you're gonna start hating me now, I understand."

I looked at Mariah and she was staring at him intently, "I must admit. Jayden, I was a little bit disappointed in you when you told them my secret even though I told you not to but I also thought that what difference would it make? Like, they would also know it in the end." She said with a smile.

"So... You're not mad at me?" Jayden asked warily and she just shook her head.

[Mariah]

So Jayden already told me that he told the other boys about my illness. I must admit that I was disappointed with him but... Oh well... There are no secrets that can be hidden forever.

"Mariah, if you need anything, we're just all here for you. Okay?" Trent said.

"Anything... Financial, personal... We'll always be here for you." William added.

"Thank you guys... Thank you." Was all I said with tears in my eyes then we all formed a group hug.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3 votes for the next one. GO!

~TCforever22~