•23•

[Mariah]

I cried into Trent's arms while he stroke my hair... Because that's all I can do for now...

Cry...

"Hush now.... It's going to be okay." He said to me.

I pulled away and looked at him, "What if he'll hate me for the rest of our lives? What am I gonna do now, Trent?" I asked worriedly.

"Mariah, Zach's not the type of person who plants hatred in his heart to people like you. Don't worry; let him be for a week and he'll realize that what he said to you was wrong." He said as he put away my hair that has covered my face and tucked it behind my ears then we hugged again.

[Trent]

Jayden came in with a food tray on his hands. "Oh... Am I disturbing?" He asked.

"No." Mariah and I both said as we pulled away from each other. He smiled sheepishly as he put the foodtray on the side table.

"How are you?" He asked her.

"I still feel sick as usual." She replied.

"Mariah, eat your food now so that you won't get sick anymore, okay?" He said. I just smiled at the two of them. She nodded. Then Jayden and I went out and as soon as I got out of her room, I quickly gave Zach a death glare.

"How is she?" Julian asked but I ignored him.

"Zach, you and I are gonna talk." I said firmly. "Follow me."

And I walked off with him from the rest of the boys and I gave him a serious look. "Zach, you just made it worse." I said. "You just made her more upset!"

"What am I supposed to do?! Forgive her easily like that!? After what she's done to Kristine?!" He said angrily.

"Well, I know that she just did it to defend herself! Sometimes, you have to defend yourself from other people so that they would know that they have no right to walk on you like that."

"Zach?" I heard a girl's voice behind me. I turned around and saw Kristine.

"Zach!" She said happily as ran towards him and hugged him and she was carrying a bouquet of flowers... And some lunch box.

"I'm so sorry about Mariah. Is she okay now?" She asked. Psh. What a fake girl. I really hate this girl! She's starting to get into my nerves!

"Yeah. She's eating now." Zach replied.

"Oh perfect! I've brought her some soup! I'm sure she'll like it." I just rolled my eyes and crossed my arms.

And then I joined them in entering Mariah's room and she's just halfway finishing her sandwich.

"Hi Mariah!" Kristine greeted her. "I've brought you some soup."

"Uh... Thank you?" Mariah replied unsurely as she opened the lunch box and started eating the soup. It wasn't long until she suddenly stopped eating and started hyperventilating.

"Mariah?! What's wrong?!" Zach asked her worriedly as he rushed to her side.

"I can't breathe...." Mariah said, wheezing.

[Zach]

"I can't breathe..." Mariah replied to me, wheezing.

I turned angrily at Kristine, "What kind of food is this?!" I asked angrily.

"It's a shrimp soup." Kristine replied and the blood even rise up to my face and slammed the lunch box at her feet.

"SHE'S ALLERGIC TO SHRIMP FOR GOD'S SAKE KRISTINE!!!" I said then I looked at Trent, "Trent, call the doctor. QUICK!"

I look at Mariah and she's getting red spots on her skin and her mouth... It's getting paler and paler. No... No... I'm not going to lose another important girl in my life... Not again.

"Mariah... Mariah..." I said as I tried to make eye contact at her. "Mariah, look at me." She looked at me, "Mariah... Breathe with me, okay?" I added.

Then I cuddled her up closer to me and started inhaling and exhaling with her. "It's going to be okay... The doctors will be here soon." I assured her. "C'mon Mariah... I know that you can withstand this Please... I don't want to lose another important girl in my life again."

[Mariah]

As I was having difficulty in breathing because of that shrimp soup that Kristine had brought me...

"... Please... I don't wanna lose another important girl in my life again." I heard him say then tears started to come out from his eyes.

W-Wait... Zach's crying?

Then he hugged me tighter, "I'm so sorry Mariah for what I've said to you... I was just blinded by my anger. But I want you to know that you mean a lot to me so if I lose you now, I don't know what would I do..." He cried.

Then I heard a noise...

It's like some people are coming into my room....

And then everything around me went black again like before...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5 votes for the next chapter!

~TCforever22~