•33•

[Jayden]

"Julian, stand back." I said.

"Why?" He asked.

"Just do it."

Then he stepped back a little bit and I took a step forward and tried to smash the glass with the metal bat but it didn't break. It doesn't have any scratch on it either. Suddenly, I found a stairwell and climbed it up and smashed the lock with the bat a couple of times and luckily it broke. I opened the lid and then Julian and I pulled both of them out.

I dragged Zach out of the glass box while Julian carried Mariah.

"Jaydo, what about her chains?" He asked me.

I laid Zach down on the floor and quickly looked around and saw a key on the table nearby and got it and gave it to Julian. "Okay... So, what do I do with this?" He asked.

"Use it to unlock Mariah's chain, you dumbass!" I said. "And please make it quick Jules!" Julian laid her on the floor and unlocked her chains and just then the medics came in and put them on a stretcher. The police came in too with Trent and William and we all told them what happened. Kristine was now awake and she was dragged away by the other policemen.

After that, we went to the hospital and we were told that Zach's condition was already stable but Mariah's condition was still critical. They had dug out the knife from her hip which snapped her hipbone and they had to put a cast around her hips. Then they still have to stitch up the wounds on her body.

We visited Zach in his room after that and fortunately, he's already awake.

"How are you mate?" Trent asked him.

"Good." He said. "Where's Mariah?"

"She's in Intensive Care Unit." William said.

"Can we visit her now?" He asked.

We nodded then we helped him get off from his bed and then we all went to the Intensive Care Unit where Mariah was.

[Zach]

As we went into the room, Mariah was lying helplessly on her bed, many things were wrapped around her. This situation reminded me of Kat but this one is more painful. I cried as I approached her. I held her hand and kissed it as another batch of tears came out.

"Mariah..." I said softly. "Please wake up... Please. I want you. I need you in my life, Mariah. Please. Wake up."

No... She has to wake up. I can't stand losing someone so important in my life again.