•14•

[Zach]

"Mariah!!!" I shouted when I saw her fell into the pool. "I knew this would happen." I heard Jayden say as I ran out of the door and dove into the pool. I quickly looked around and found her limping under water. I swam closer to her and got her by the waist and quickly rose back up.

"Oh my god... She's pale." William said as him and the other guys gathered around Mariah when I put her body down on the concrete floor, preparing to do a mouth-to-mouth resuscitation. I knelt beside her head and held her head in both of my hands, one pressing her head downwards and backwards and the other pushing her lower jaw upwards and forwards. And then, I opened my mouth and took a deep breath and sealed my lips around hers as I pinched her nostrils between my thumb and forefinger. Then I breathe out into her mouth as I watched her chest rose upwards. I removed my mouth as I watched her chest collapsed.

I did the same thing again for four times as quick as I could and she finally woke up on the fourth time that I did it to her for she started coughing up out the water that she had swallowed.

"I thought that you're not gonna wake up anymore!" I said with a worried tone in my voice as I hugged her. Then I pulled away and asked her, "Are you okay now? Are you sure that nothing on you hurts?"

"I'm okay now Zach. Thank you." Mariah replied. I smiled and then hugged her again, "Jeez! You scared me!" I said.

"In fact, you scared the shit out of us." William said.

"Language." Trent said.

"Sorry." He said.

I helped her stood up, "Go and get changed or you might get sick." I said. She nodded, "Okay. Thank you Zach. Thanks." she said.

"No problem." I said then she went inside to get changed. When she was finished, she just asked me to drive her home because she forgot something at her house and so I did.

[Mariah]

So after that stupid fall into the pool and that mouth-to-mouth resuscitation incident, I got changed into my spare clothes and asked him to just drive me home because I told him that I forgot something at my house which isn't really true.

I just told him that because I didn't want him to know that I feel sick and I don't want him to worry about me again. I guess I had stayed back there in the water a little bit longer.

A few minutes later, we already reached my house and we both said our goodbyes then I went into my apartment and then went straight into my room and called Amy for a sick leave that that will at least last for a week. She said okay and get well soon.

I put my phone on silent then I collapsed onto my bed as I felt my body temperature increased. I'm guessing that it's already 37°C because I really feel dizzy and I can't even stand up. I closed my eyes and eventually fell asleep.

I was awakened by a knock on my entrance door. I stood up, still a bit wobbly, and tried to walk to the door and opened it and to my surprise, it was Zach.

"Zach?" I said. Fuck, my head's still aching and spinning.

"You weren't answering my calls so I became worried and stopped by to check on you." He said.

"Thanks but you really don't need to. I'm okay."

"But you look pale." Then he touched my forehead, "You're burning up." he said as he let himself into my house then he carried me in his arms.

"W-Wait! What are you doing?" I asked him nervously.

"You should be on your bed, resting." He said as he put me back on my bed and put my thick blanket on me. "I'll be back." Then he went out and after a few minutes, he came back with a washcloth and a basin. He dipped the washcloth into the water and then placed it on my forehead.

"Thank you Zach." I said.

"No problem." He replied with a smile. "Now, promise me, you're gonna get well immediately, okay?"

"Okay."

And right now, I'm so thankful to have him with me by my side.