•40•

[Mariah]

I sat by my windowsill with my test results on my hands. I just can't believe this. My life... It's just turned upside down. A knock on my door interrupted my thoughts and I looked up and saw my auntie, Rebecca. Her brown hair and blue eyes just stood out without her even trying. How did she get in here?

Oh! That's right! She has the key to this place because she bought it for me when I told her that I'm moving here in Sydney.

"Amy told me that you took the day off today because you're not feeling well." She said. I just stared at her and then her eyes went to the paper that I was holding. "What's this?" She asked me and before I could put the paper away, she had already got it from me. And as her eyes scanned the paper, the same expression that Jayden had embarked on her face.

"It's... It's not mine." I lied.

"Not yours? Then why is your name here?" She said questioningly.

"Well, it's a typograpichal error."

"STOP LYING TO ME MARIAH!"

And I jumped up because her voice suddenly raised at me with an angry look on her face but I could still see concern in her eyes.

"Mariah, I'm your auntie... Please, tell me the truth!" She said. "I want to help you!"

Then I burst into tears as I hugged her tight, "I've got a brain tumor auntie..." I said. "It's been inside of me for two months already and it's getting bigger and bigger... I'm scared auntie! I'm so scared!!!" And then she even hugged me tighter. She pulled away from me and looked at me in the eye, "Hush now, Mariah. Tomorrow, we are going to the doctor and ask for a treatment, okay? So stop crying. You are stronger than this, bub." She assured me. "Do your parents know about this?"

I just shook my head and cried even more. "Oh good Lord." She muttered as she soothed my hair. "Tomorrow, we are going to the doctor."

**

We went to the doctor and ask for some treatments about my disease and the first option was chemotherapy but then I wouldn't want to go bald and besides, it would just make my body more weak. Our second option was surgery. The doctor would take off the infected tissue in my brain. The tumor in me was growing so fast and I'm afraid that it might be too late for me already to do the surgery because if I undergo through the surgery and the tumor is already big enough then it can only result into either of the two things: comatose or death.

Either of the two options would make me better and that's why I don't want to know them.

"So... What do you think Mariah?" Auntie Rebecca asked me as she lightly squeezed my hand.

"I... I think I'm not yet ready." I said. "And besides, I haven't got enough money for either of the two treatments."

"You know that I can help you with the money. What's important is that you undergo through the treatment."

"I'll think about it but first, I want to talk to my mom about it."

She agreed and then after that, she drove me home and then when I got home, I called my mom. I need to tell her about this now.

"Hello?" Mom picked up from the other line.

"Mom..." I said.

"Mariah... I was just about to call you." She said. "So... What's up?"

"Mom... I have something to tell you."

And then I took a deep breath as I choked out my tears, "Mom, I've got a brain tumor." I cried softly. "It's been growing inside of me for two months."

"Mariah! Why didn't you tell me about this?!" She cried.

"Because I was just trying to find a right time, mom! And... I don't want to burden all of you back there!"

"Mariah, you are our daughter! You will never be a burden to me, to your dad or to any of us, okay? Always remember that. Alright, I will book a flight going there so that you and I could talk properly. Be strong, okay?"

"Yes mom..." I replied as I wiped my tears away.

"I love you Mariah." Mom told me.

"I love you too mom..." I said and then I hung up and for the first time in my life, I felt that I was important to my mom.

[Zach]

After a whole day of working in the studio, we head home altogether and then I went into my room.

"Guys, what do you think?" I asked them as I showed them two different kinds of chocolate.

"Is that for Mariah?" Julian asked with a cheeky smile.

"Well... Yeah." I replied.

"Isn't she mad at you?" William said. "For... some reason."

"Yeah but whatever her reason it is, I just want to make up for whatever I've done wrong." I said even though I really didn't know why she all went mad at me. Maybe I was being a little bit pushy around her yesterday.

Yeah. Maybe that's the reason why she got angry at me.

"See ya later guys." I said as I brought the two kinds of chocolate with me and then got the key from the keyholder and hopped into my car and drove away.

I hope she'll be happy now.

I knocked on her door. What am I gonna say?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6 votes again for the next one!!!

~TCforever22~