•8•

[Zach]

As soon as I got home, I went to the terrace and go on Twitter. Then I called Mariah and we talked for a while. I even found out that her middle name's Haley, which is cute but I still think that her name Mariah suits more of her personality. While we were talking, she apologized for asking me that question a while ago in the park and I said that it's okay and that I actually felt lighter when I've opened up to her.

Even I, to myself, didn't expect that I would trust her that easily. And to be honest, I've never opened up to anyone like that. Not to my parents, nor to my band mates, neither to the other girls that I've dated once before.

I also asked her to come over to us and used my so-called 'excuse' that William and the other guys wanted to meet her. I wanted to see if she'll say yes in the first place and to my surprise she rejected it by saying she's got work next week. I told her I can pick her up after work and I found out that her shift usually ends at three in the afternoon. Then she asked if it's alright with the other guys. Seriously, this girl is surprising me everytime. But eventually I already convinced her. Then Julian called me for dinner and then I said goodbye to her then hung up.

When I joined the other guys for dinner, they started throwing at me some questions.

"So... Zach how did it go?" William asked while wriggling his eyebrows and smiling cheekily at me.

"What are you talking about?" I asked, playing dumb. Oh and yeah, I haven't told the other guys except for Trent that I have a date with Mariah because I'm sure they'd just tease me in a good way like they always do.

"WHAT AM I TALKING ABOUT? Oh nothing. Just your date with that girl from the coffee shop named Mariah." He said. I looked up as I twirled the pasta with my fork. How did he knew that?! I looked at Trent who was bowing his head down, eating his spaghetti silently.

"Trent..." I said. "Seriously, you need to learn how to shut up sometimes."

"They have the right to know, Zach." Trent said.

"Yeah Zach." William said.

"How did it go?" Jayden asked excitedly.

"Good." I replied and started eating my spaghetti.

"C'mon Zach! Give us the details!" Julian said.

"It's just a friendly date, okay? Nothing special." I said in defense then continued to eat my spaghetti.

"Yeah right." Julian said as he rolled his eyes.

"C'mon! Tell us Zach! We're like brothers now!!!" Jayden said, trying to sound convincing as he nudged my rib. "Even if you guys hang me on top of a pole naked, I wouldn't tell you anything because I've got nothing to tell." I said. "It's just a friendly date."

"So? We don't care. Just tell us what happened." Trent said and the others just nodded in agreement. Then Jayden squinted his eyes as he leaned closer to my neck.

"What are you trying to do?" I asked.

"What's that?" He asked as he pulled out lightly the lace of the choker that Mariah had given me that day. "Uh... A choker?" I said.

"Oh! Did Mariah gave it to you?" William asked excitedly.

"Yeah... Well I gave her my teddy bear which was a prize from one of the games that I've played at the amusement park a while ago." I replied.

"I can say that Mariah's got a good taste." Trent said as he smiled while looking at the hanging little crucifix.

"What can I say? My friend does have a good taste in fashion." I said as I shrugged my shoulders.

"Aw... That's just so cute." Julian said.

"Have you two kissed yet?" William asked cheekily.

"No. And I told you that it's just a friendly date. Nothing special."

"Okay. If you say so." He said.

"Do you like her Zach?" Jayden asked.

I stopped and looked down on my plate. I don't know. I'm so confused. "Oh. We all knew what that means. Don't bother to answer." He said. I smiled and threw him a grateful look.

Honestly, I like her but I don't know if just as a friend or more than a friend. Argh! This feeling is so annoying!!! I'm so confused! I wish my brother, Aaron was here with me. I sighed, "I invited Mariah to come over next week. On Thursday. And she's sleeping over. Are you guys cool with that?" I asked.

"Yeah." They all mumbled and nodded.

"That's a great idea, by the way Zach." Trent said as he winked at me.

"Okay. As long as she won't go perving or fangirling over me." William said. "'Coz you know guys, I'm way too hot." We all laughed at him. God, he's so conceited at himself. Don't know why we never get annoyed by that. Guess we just got used to it.

"Don't worry Will, she won't. She's not like the other girls out there." I said.

"Oh, then she's a limited edition." He said. "Cool."

"Are you calling her weird or something?"

"Well, normally, girls would go and fangirl over me and my muscles once they see me walking around the streets... And her... She's not just normal, dude. Not normal. She's weird, in a good way."

"Yeah right." Then I rolled my eyes. I stood up then walked away.

"Hey! You haven't finished your dinner yet!" I heard Trent called out from behind.

"I'm done. If you guys want it, then eat it."

I went upstairs, into my room and collapsed on my bed. I took off the choker that Mariah gave me and I must admit that it was really beautiful. Sigh... She's a very sweet girl, don't ya think?

I put the choker back on my neck and then I already dozed off, thinking about Mariah.... Then about Katrina. I wish she was still alive.