•27•

[Zach]

I pulled away, knowing that this isn't right. I shouldn't be kissing this girl right now.... It just felt so wrong now. She removed her arms around my neck with a bitter expression on her face.

"Okay... Tell me what's wrong, Zach. And don't you ever dare to lie to me." Kristine said to me firmly with a hint of anger in her voice. "Is this about Mariah again?" Then she crossed her arms.

"Mariah confessed her feelings for me a while ago." I said.

[Kristine]

"Mariah confessed her feelings for me a while ago." Zach said. What?! Oh no! No! This couldn't be! That girl is gonna ruin my plan!

"What did you say?" I warily asked him.

"I... I didn't say anything. I was too shocked to respond." He said.

"You're not gonna break-up with me, are you?" I said then he looked at me in the eye and said, "I'm sorry Kristine... It just felt all so wrong."

Tears started to fill my eyes. No! This can't be! Without this guy, I can't continue my plan!

"Zach, please don't do this to me! I need you!" I said and then I hugged him as tight as I could but he removed my arms that were wrapped around his waist.

"I'm sorry Kristine. I thought you're the one but I guess I was wrong... I'm sorry." He said then walked away.

That girl, Mariah, ruined my plan!

You're not gonna get away from this Mariah!

[Mariah]

"Mama told me not to waste my life 

She said spread your wings, my little butterfly... 

Don't let what they say keep you up at night 

And if they give you shh... 

Then they can walk on by......"

The Little Mix's song called Wings, blasted through my headphones while lying down on the hammock nearby the pool where William, Trent, Jayden and Julian were... Splashing and pushing each other under the water.

"Mariah, why don't you want to join us?" Julian asked.

"I've been traumatized by swimming pools ever since I fell of on them and nearly drowned." I said. "And besides, it's cold."

"The water is warm, you know." Jayden said.

"Mariah!"

I looked up and saw Zach running towards me when suddenly Trent rose up from the pool and pushed him to the water and we all laughed.

"Friggin' hell Trent! What the heck is wrong with you!?" He said while laughing slightly. He rose back up and then went towards me. I removed my headphones and tried to walk away from him but too late that he had blocked me with his muscular body already.

"Mariah... Can we talk?" He said.

"About what?" I asked.

"Mariah, I'm so sorry... I've been so stupid and blind to notice it." He said.

I gave him a weird look. Seriously, I have no idea what he's blabbering about. I chuckled, "Why are you acting so weird right now?" I said. To be honest, he looked like a crazy man, standing in front of me, wet.

"Are you sick?" I asked him as I touched his forehead but then he got my hand and looked at me in the eye.

"I'm not sick. I'm in love." He said. "With you." And my eyes grew wider when he said that.