•6•

[Mariah]

"You what?" I asked him.

"I lost her. I lost her in a car accident." He replied. "She was supposed to watch our performance that night on XFactor."

"But the incident..."

"But it wasn't been told on t.v. Kat's family requested not to let it out on social media."

Sure that I know he's taken but there had been rumours too that he and Katrina have some kind of a lover's quarrel... And I didn't expect that he would say that he lost her in a car accident. All I've expected him to say was that they had already broken up or something....

"I'm sorry Zach." I said.

He just shook his head and then I saw him wiped his tears. "I shouldn't have just asked her to come see us perform live." He sobbed then I rubbed his back then he turned to me and hugged me tight.

I don't really quite relate well to his situation but I understand how it feels to lose someone you love. And to be honest, it hurts. It seriously hurts.

"It's okay Zach. No one's blaming you for what happened and no one wanted what really happened to her." I assured him.

"But I asked her to come that night and then suddenly she was caught in a car accident! It's like I killed her!"

"Zach, you didn't kill her, okay? You did not kill her. It's an accident. A car accident which happens everyday in different times and places."

"Mariah...."

"Zach, believe me."

He looked at me with sadness in his eyes and then he leaned over and hugged me and to be honest, I felt the sparks... Sparks which I've not felt that much on the guys that I've dated before.

Could I be falling for this guy?

[Zach]

My heart's wrenching. I didn't think that it would still hurt this much when I talk about her.

But somehow, opening up to Mariah lessened the pain in my heart.

I guess I could really trust her with all my heart.

"Hush now Zach. It's okay. Everything would be okay." She said. "Maybe, there's someone out there who's really meant for you." Then she smiled at me as she held both of my hands then she let go as soon as I put on a smile and then we both continued to walk in comfortable silence.

As we were walking, for some reason... I kept looking at her and I don't know why.

Her shoulder-length blonde hair with black streaks, her bright blue eyes just seem to suit her personality perfectly.

Argh! I'm talking like shit again...

But her hair... Really reminds me of Kat.

Oh what am I thinking?! There would be no other girl like Katrina. No one. She's the one and only. I sighed and realized how much I missed her.

[Mariah]

I looked at him but he looked away and sighed. I guess he misses her so much...

I guess he's still in love with her...

Pfftt! What am I thinking?! Of course! She's been dead for just... Seven months! It hasn't been a year or two yet. He wouldn't have probably moved on yet. He was still hurting. Mourning, to be exact. I sighed too until I felt his hands intertwined with mine.

I looked at him, "Zach?" I said.

"I don't want to lose such an amazing friend." He said. "So please... Let's hold hands as we walk."

I smiled and nodded. A friend. He only sees me as a friend. Sigh. I think he would never really fall for me. I looked on the road while our hands intertwined with each other.

"Where do you wanna go after this?" He asked me.

"I don't know." I said. "Maybe I should just probably go home."

"Don't you wanna meet the other guys?"

"Zach, I already know them."

"Yeah but they still haven't met you."

"Maybe next time. And besides, I'm already tired."

He just nodded as he smiled.

We continued to walk until I suddenly tripped over on something and fall over but luckily, Zach managed to caught me in his strong arms...

And at the moment that our eyes met, I've concluded to myself....

I'm already falling for him.