•26•

[Mariah]

I kept pacing back and forth in Zach's room in nervousness. Well, who wouldn't be nervous if the calm, carefree and cheerful Zach Russell sent you a death glare?

His girlfriend is just getting into my nerves! Seriously! I want to punch her in the face... Oh wait. I'm wrong. I WANT TO KILL HER WITH MY OWN BARE HANDS but if I did that, Zach would hate me for all eternity and I would even be sent to jail for that.

I kept walking back and forth until I bumped onto something hard. I looked up and saw Zach.

"What are you doing?" He asked innocently.

"Uh... Shaking off my nerves?" I said unsurely.

"Why?"

"Because I know that you're gonna get angry and yell at me like you did last time."

Then he sighed and then he sat down on his black beanbag. I sat down on his bed. "I'm sorry Mariah... I didn't mean to yell at you last time." He said. "It's just... Of all the girls that I've dated ever since Katrina died, Kristine was the only girl who made me feel like this. And I just don't want to lose her..."

"I understand, Zach. You're overprotective of her because you love her and you don't want to lose another important person again in your life." I said.

Oh well, I think this is just really my role in his life. An award-winning best friend whose duties are to protect him, cheer him up when he's down... Listen to all of his complaints, whether it's about his lovelife or not. Sigh, I just wished I had told him soon my feelings for him. Wait... What if I told him that now?

There's nothing wrong with that. I mean, I'm just being honest to him. I'm not assuming that he'll break up with that girl or something.

"Zach, I have something to tell you." I said.

"What is it?" He asked.

"I... I love you."

[Zach]

"I... I love you." She said.

W-Wait... Did she just say that?

"I love you Zach ever since I met you personally and it's not because you're a part of a famous boy band or something. I've fallen for you because of who you really are. You're sweet, funny, cheerful and talented. All of the good qualities that I've been looking for a guy are all in you." She continued. "Look, I'm not looking forward about you breaking up with her, okay? I'm just telling you this because... I just can't keep it all to myself anymore."

I sat there, shocked. Don't know what to say.

"I... I don't know what to say." I said.

"Oh you don't need to say anything Zach. I'm just telling all of these to you because I hate keeping secrets. You know, Zach, I wasn't really comfortable with Kristine coming here everyday just to flirt with you. It's not that easy to watch both of you, acting so lovey-dovey with each other..." She said then tears started to fall out from her eyes. "I'm still hurting, I guess."

"Mariah, I'm so sorry that you felt that way... But why didn't you tell me from the start?" I asked.

"Because I know that you're at your happiest when Kristine is with you and I don't want to make you lonely because of that." She said. "I just want to make you happy." Then she walked out of my room.

[Mariah]

After I've poured my heart out to him, I walked out of his room and went out of the house and sat nearby the pool while crying. I should be happy now that I've told him my feelings but why do I feel like this?

Why does it still hurt this much?

"I get the feeling Mariah." William said as he sat down beside me. I looked at him, confused.

"Oh don't look at me like that. You know what I mean." He added.

"Why does it still hurt? I've already told my feelings for him but why do I still feel hurt?" I asked.

"Maybe you're hurting because of the fact that he cannot return your feelings anymore because he already has a girlfriend." He said. I bowed my head down. Is it really because of that?

"Tell me Mariah... Do you really love Zach?"

I looked up to him, "Of course I do love him!" I said.

"Then why don't you pursue your feelings for him? It's not yet too late, you know."

"Will, he already has a girlfriend. Why would I still bother him?"

"Because your feelings for him are real, Mariah. Trent, Julian, Jayden and I all knew that you love Zach for who he really is. You love him not just because he's some part of a famous boy band, right?"

I realized that he's right. I didn't love Zach because he's from a boy band. I love him because of who he really is. I'm gonna fight my love for him.

And I'm gonna win this time.

[Zach]

"Babe, are you okay?" Kristine asked me. "You've been quiet ever since we came here to the mall. Are you sick or something?"

"Kristine, do you love me?" I asked her.

"O-Of course!"

"Then kiss me."

She smiled and then she put her arms around my neck and then kissed me on my lips but this time...

The kiss was so different.

I didn't feel any sparks from it compared to the last time when we kissed. What the hell is wrong with me? What Mariah had told me a while ago at the house just bothers me.

I mean, she just confessed her feelings for me but what shocked me the most was that she didn't beg me to break-up with Kristine. How could she not do that? And why the heck do I feel like this?!

I need Mariah...

I need to see her right now....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OMG guys! Thanks so much for your feedback on the 25th chapter of THE NEW GIRL IN THE BAND! I was surprised that you guys are so into my story! Thank you! Thank you!

Anyway, hope you enjoyed this one.

8 votes for the next chapter!!!

~TCforever22~