•36•

[Mariah]

Days after that memorable surprise welcome party that the boys that had prepared for me, I went back to work already.

"How are you? You've been gone for such a long time!" Amy said as she hugged me. "How's your hip? I heard from the news what happened about you and Zach."

Yeah, Zach was interviewed the day after I was discharged from the hospital and he promised to spoke on my behalf which he did.

"My hip's already okay..." I said.

"Are you sure? Coz I don't want Zach or any other members of the TC to get mad at me for making you work if your hip's not that okay yet." She said, half-jokingly.

"I'm pretty sure." I replied as I chuckled then I put my black apron on and went to work.

My day went alright. By 3 p.m., my shift was already over. I was finishing tidying up the counter when I saw two hands on the counter and I looked up and saw no other than my great boyfriend, Zach Russell, standing in front of me while smiling lovingly.

"Zach!" I said happily and then he pulled my face towards his and kissed me gently on my lips.

"How was your day?" He asked me.

"Tiring but good." I said. "How about you?"

"Same. Wanna grab a bite?"

"Yeah, sure. Just wait for me. I'll just change my clothes."

"No it's okay. You still look gorgeous anyway... Er... YOU ALWAYS LOOK GORGEOUS."

I stood there frozen. Me? Gorgeous? Um.... This is awkward.

"You're so cute when you blush." He added.

I chuckled, "Um... Okay, this is awkward." I said.

"Okay, I'll stop. Are you ready to go?"

"Yeah." I replied. I removed my apron and then got my bag under the counter and left the apron on the counter and after that, Zach and I already left.

"So... Where are we going Mr. Russell?" I asked him teasingly.

"You'll see." He said then he winked at me and it sent chills down my spine.

Just as we were near to his car, I felt an excruciating pain in my head.

"Mariah, are you alright?" Zach asked me.

"Yeah. Just a little bit of migraine." I said.

"We can always do this next time." He said.

"No. It's alright. And besides, this is nothing so don't worry. It's just a simple migraine."

I've been having migraines these past few weeks and I don't know why. I guess it's just because of the cold weather. I took another step towards his car and everything went black around me.

**

I opened my eyes and saw myself in a hospital room. Ugh. Hospitals.... I hate hospitals.

"What happened?" I asked.

"You fainted." Zach replied then the doctor came already and said that it's just because of overfatigue and that I should just take a rest. After that, we just went home and had a movie marathon at my house.

"I'm sorry Zach that your plans for us tonight have to be canceled because of what happened." I said as I snuggled up closer to him on the floor with my large purple blanket wrapped around the two of us.

"It's okay Mariah and besides, watching movies while snuggling up beside you at night is probably the best night with you ever." He said as he winked at me then he kissed my forehead, then my nose and then my lips. "Love you."

"Love you too Zach." I replied as I crinkled my nose and tightened my hug around his waist and he did the same to me as well.