Take Your Time

Lauren's POV

"Has anyone seen Dani?" Christina shouted at the top of her lungs. Me, Brian, Amy, Jake and Lisa were watching Divergent in the living room as Christina came in confused, "Has she gone out?". Everyone else shrugged or shook with their head as they were paying literally too much attention to the movie.

"What do you need her for? Is she in trouble again?" I gave her a playful smile.

"No Lauren, I was just wondering where she is, I haven't like seen her the whole day and it's worrying me quite a bit," she replied frowning, following by a loud sigh. Lisa gave her an annoyed look, the "don't bother me when I watch a movie" look.

"Have you tried with a phone?", asking the obvious of course, she awkwardly shook with her head and smiled, "Grandma," I quietly mumbled as I made my way to the stairs, deciding to go find Dani, who was probably in her room and Christina was just too lazy to even climb the stairs. As I ran upstairs and walked towards the door I could hear someone sobbing a little bit, so I started listening from which room the sounds were coming from. The more I listened to them, the more it sounded like Dani's, I listened to the sobs in front of Dani's room and darn it, those were her's. I knocked on the door quietly and waited for a reply.

"Yeah?", she sniffed as she answered, I opened the door and asked, "Can I come in?", she nodded, wiping her tears away and looking at the floor. I sat on the bed next to her and waited for her to calm down, as she started calming, I asked, "What's wrong Dan?".

"It's nothing, I'm just emotional, period started...you know how it goes," she gave me a small smile.

"Don't lie," I said giving her a glare, "I know you too well already," I said hugging her. She hugged me even tighter so I knew that something was really wrong, as she buried her face in my shoulder she started crying and I could already felt the wet spot on my shirt.

"Why does love have to feel so damn hard?" she now looked at me, giving me a loud sigh. I stared at her for a second and hugged once again, she started crying again quickly, "Shhhh, everything will be alright," I cooed to my younger sister. After awhile she finally fully calmed down, she was really quiet, so I wanted to confirm my suspicions, which jerk broke her heart.

"Justin isn't even worth your tears," I told her the facts, but she just kept shaking with her head.

"It was never about Justin," she kept insisting with a broken smile on her face. Then who's the one to blame this for? "You just wouldn't understand," she frowned and glared to somewhere in the distance.

"Try me," I decisively said. Her gaze shifted all around the room as her eyes finally settled on me, "I can't,", she whispered and lowered her head. "Hey, don't be ashamed of someone you like," I told her smiling, she looked and smiled at me a little bit.

"So...will you tell me?" I kept sticking to it, she looked at me, "No, I can't...not yet," she shrugged, giving me an apology look. "When you're ready," I told her and she nodded with satisfaction.

"You wanna rest?" I gave her a confused look, "Well I never need to rest," she laughed sarcastically. I stood up and walked towards the door. "Lauren?", she asked, I turned around giving her a look, "Thanks," she said smiling to me, I nodded and replied, "That's what sisters are for,".

Dani's POV

I was glad Lauren was the one who found me. When I needed someone to calm me down, I always preferred her the most. She didn't ask too much questions and wasn't pushy at all, like Christina for instance.

I don't know how she would react if I told her about Kylie, about me and her, how I felt much more than just likeness towards her, how I felt love in fact. That's not something most people would accept because we live in society that tells us, that love between a man a woman is the only normal one...but that's not true. You can love anyone you want to love.