Knock Knock Joke

Dani's POV

One week later

"How is she doing by the way?" Kylie sat on the counter while I was preparing waffles.

"She's better, she's coming back home today," I nodded and glanced at Kylie.

"I don't know why, but something is bothering me when it comes to this accident." She stared at me with a frown on her face for a moment, "Explain it to me."

"I feel like this wasn't her fault if you know what I mean," it bothered me, it really did.

"Are you assuming that..." I felt guilty by that thought, but yes, "Yeah, I'm assuming that someone pushed Lauren down the stairs."

"Dan, you're probably overwhelmed," she shrugged trying to put some sense in my head.

I agreed with her though, "You're probably right."

Kylie playfully smirked and her lips curled into a smile, "I'm always right," her emerald eyes were inviting me into a blissful kiss, her inviting demeanor also addicting me.

"What are you two doing?" Christina suddenly appeared in the kitchen with an uneasy expression on her face.

"Kylie you're so stupid!" I quickly started fake laughing out loud, the panic attack from my side was just too much. Our lips never touched we were just too close, inches away at best, but our eyes were probably too expressive. As they say, eyes are the mirror of the soul.

"I wanna hear the joke also!" Christina was already up for the joke. Kylie and I froze instantly, but fortunately she had a back up plan.

(The joke is from 0:00 - 0:30, when I watched this for the first time, I was just like LMFAOO Laurennn xD)

"Knock knock," Ky started with the knock knock jokes, can you be a bigger freak?

"Who's there?" Christina questioned excitedly

"Banana!"

"Banana who?"

"Knock knock," she begun again, I haven't heard this joke before, seriously.

"Who's there?" Christina asked a bit irritated.

"Banana."

"Banana who?"

"Knock knock."

"Kylie are you serious right now??" we started laughing, Kylie sticked to the joke, "C'mon Christina, it's a good joke!"

"Okay...banana who?"

"One more time...knock knock!"

"Who's there?"

"Orange," where the heck did she hear this joke from.

"Orange who?" Christina asked questioned confused.

"Orange, glad I didn't say banana?" Ky proudly told the joke and laughed out loud.

"Oh my God, you are officially a dweeb," Christina exclaimed and laughed.

"That one's a knee slapper!" Kylie proudly told us.

"That was so corny, sorry Ky," I told her embarrassed.

"I'm gonna leave you two dweebs alone, because I'm too old for this stuff," Christina exhaled.

"Bye, grandma," Kylie sassed back and wiggled her eyebrows at my sister. "Still a dweeb!"

We were quiet for a couple of minutes, as we prepared waffles and started eating them. "Why are you so quiet?" I asked her as she stared at some spot in the room, probably lost in her own thoughts.

"It's nothing..." she quietly whispered and shrugged. I looked into her eyes and leaned closer to her, while touching her hand, "hey, I know you and you always feel better after telling."

"Honestly? Are you ashamed of me?" her voice quiet and sad. I stared at her in disbelief, "Because of the joke? C'mon Kylie," I playfully rolled with my eyes.

"You mean about," I leaned closer and whispered, "us?" She weakly nodded and looked away.

"No...it's just really complicated," I trembled with each word.

"Why is it complicated?" she analyzed every word of mine.

"Family," I told her simply, my eyes watering a bit.

"I need to ask you something..." she started, but I cut her off, "I don't know if I want to."

"B-but you haven't even heard the question Dani," she said.

"I know what it is," my reply was miserable, I felt miserable. It's not fair really, why do straight kids get away with it so easily, but when it comes to the LGBT community, it's just like label after label.

"Give it a chance, for us," Kylie stared at me hoping.

"I can't...for now," I uttered, Ky nodded and softly smiled to me. "I can wait for you."

--------------------------------------------------------------------

This one was a bit of Kyni, I missed my lesbian ship xD did anyone else missed it, well I think it's cute, that's the only thing that counts :) Comment in the section below, 10 votes and I update :P