Say Something

Dani's POV

"I will do it, but just for Katherine, not for you," Lauren said staring at her feet.

"It's alright with me," I replied and made a little smile. It's okay, I'm gonna be alright, I hope.

There was an awkward silence between us, she nervously kept playing with her fingers as I was biting my bottom lip and kept nervously glancing around the house.

"I'm gonna check on Brian," she said and quickly left the living room. So, that's how our sister relationship is gonna work from now on.

"HEY, DANI!" Lauren yelled from her room, I guess.

"YEAH?" I shouted back and tried to not screw something up.

"I'M GONNA PREPARE MY SUITCASES AND THEN WE LEAVE!" she yelled even louder.

"OKAY, TAKE YOUR TIME!" is all I replied back. I stood up and walked around the big living room, staring at our pictures, my hands kept trembling. Don't cry...just don't cry! My hands were still trembling like crazy, tears started forming in my eyes as I stared at my favorite picture. Memories and past everywhere around me...

I gently touched the picture that Lauren was on, I kept staring at her picture, she seems so happy on this photo. "Say something, I'm giving up on you," I whispered quietly, as the tear streamed down my already swollen face.

"Dani, we will be..." someone came into the room and suddenly the frame flew out of my hands because of fear, as it landed on the floor, the glass broke in thousand pieces. I wanted to die in that moment, I let her down once again.

"What have you done?!" Lauren said disappointed and started collecting the glass pieces. I went on my knees and started helping her.

As we were collecting the pieces, I felt like I should apologize, so I actually did. "I'm sorry, Lauren," I quietly said, as she looked at me and rolled with her eyes.

"It's alright," she said annoyed and threw the rest of the glass pieces into the waste bin.

"When are we leaving?" I asked her randomly.

"In five minutes, don't break anything like you always do!" she ordered me, I nodded obediently with my head and just sat on the couch. Well, I screwed up again! Good job and nice one, Dani!

As the five minutes finally passed, I saw Brian dragging his suitcase behind him. I stood up and tried to smile, although it hurt me inside. Fake smiles, that's all we put on sometimes, when there's nothing else left for us to do.

"Hey, Brian," I said as I smiled to him.

"Hey, Dani," he said and gave me a friendly hug. "How are you?" he asked me sympathetically.

I shrugged and sighed. "Not really well, problems with Lauren, you know,".

"Ah, yeah I can imagine how it hurts you," he said as he gave me a reassuring look.

"But how is she doing?" I asked him, as my eyes faced the floor once again.

"The first few days it looked really bad, but I think she managed to get over it," Brian add.

"Or get over me?" I remarked meanly.

"Hey, this is between you two, please don't involve me into this fight. Because, if I tell you the truth, it's a stupid fight..."

"Heeeey," Lauren awkwardly walked into the living room with her suitcase.

"Are we gonna get going?" she asked merrily. I thought to myself, that she's such a mood changer.

"Let's go, I'm driving," I said with a smile on my face, as I realized I will brought her home and make Katherine's wedding come true.

"Put the suitcases into the trunk and fasten your seat belts, lady and gentleman, carline Dani is driving you to Malibu. Have a great car ride," I really tried to goof off and express my airline voice talent.

"Nice one," Brian said laughing in the back of the car, as Lauren giggled as she was sitting on the passengers seat next to me. That made me feel better, just a smile on her face was everything I wanted from this trip.

Lauren's POV

I never thought she would come back for me, I really didn't believe it. She's too stubborn for this, I see we share this stubbornness, but she also has less pride than me. We were driving for an hour now, Brian was snoring in the back, I was trying, well I was rather pretending to sleep. The radio was also playing as Dani was focused on the road. The radio station was playing some old music, especially songs from 2005 to 2015. I must say, I really enjoyed the car ride, with such peaceful music.

A new song started playing, as I realized it was a song named Say Something, by A Great Big World and Christina Aguilera, that song was a hit in 2013. I really liked that song back then and I still do. The song began and Dani started humming it also, after that she started singing it softly, but quietly. Indeed, I was impressed how her voice changed, IT WAS A GOOD CHANGE, though! Somewhere in the beginning I joined in.

Dani:
Say something, I'm giving up on you
I'll be the one, if you want me to
Anywhere, I would've followed you
Say something, I'm giving up on you

Dani (Lauren background vocals):
And I am feeling so small
It was over my head
I know nothing at all

Dani and Lauren:
And I will stumble and fall
I'm still learning to love
Just starting to crawl
Say something, I'm giving up on you
I'm sorry that I couldn't get to you
Anywhere, I would've followed you
Say something, I'm giving up on you
And I will swallow my pride
You're the one that I love
And I'm saying goodbye

Say something, I'm giving up on you
And I'm sorry that I couldn't get to you
And anywhere, I would have followed you
Oh-oh-oh-oh say something, I'm giving up on you
Say something, I'm giving up on you
Say something

"That sounded really nice," Dani smiled to me and kept her eyes on the road.

"Your voice really improved," I said proudly to her.

"Thank you," she whispered, "let's try not to wake Brian," as he was still snoring in the back.

All I remember after that was my eyes getting heavier, as I was staring through the window, while we were driving. I was staring at the night sky, the stares shined so bright in the moonlight. As for me and Dani...everything isn't settled yet...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well....end of chapter...you finally got a chapter after months :D What do you think about it? Tell me what did you liked and what not? Ooooh and I haven't won the Watty Awards, I'll get it next time ;) Team who, still Dani or Lauren? If you liked the chapter comment and vote for it, I especially love the long comments, they really mean a lot to me. The song I used as my inspiration is Say Something, by A Great Big World and Christina Aguilera, a really beautiful song, I must say :) Have fun and enjoy guiseee. I UPDATE WHEN I GET MORE THAN 50 VOTES, NEXT ON - KATHERINE'S WEDDING WILL BE SOON ;) Any ideas what will happen?

I'm Coming Home (Cimorelli Story) #Wattys 2016On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara