Chapter 3.

"If I got locked away, and we lost it all today, tell me honestly, would you still love me the same?"

(R. City ft. Adam Levine - Locked Away)

____________________________________________________

After filling out the visitors pass, the staff ran it through his computer and clears me to move on to the detectors. I made it through the metal detector without it going off. I left my purse in the car and thought it was smart not to bring anything in with me. After reviewing the proper dress code and the rules, I went out of my way to make sure everything on my end would go smoothly.

I then walked from the processing room to the visitors room, hand the staff member my visitors pass and my ID. He makes a quick call, "Inmate 996874 has a visitor, send him to visiting room 3."

Shortly after, I watched as they brought Hayden out, his head hung low, arms cuffed in front of him, the officer holding onto his arm to help him walk. Oh god, my baby.

As soon as they got his handcuffs off I didn't waste any time running into his arm. A breathy "oof" escaped his lips at my sudden contact, he wraps his arms around me my name lowly falling from his lips. Standing up on the tips of my toes, I hungrily attach my lips to his.

"No touching." It wasn't until the officer on guard yelled when Hayden and I finally separated. It pains me that I can't touch him the way I want to or kiss him the way I want to because of a lie that has him in this position.

We sit down in the chairs opposite from one another, "How have you been?" I ask him.

"I've been better." He replies with a soft non-humorous chuckle. "How are things back at the house?"

"Okay I guess, everyone misses you Hayden. I miss you." He takes my hand in both of his, gently running his thumb over my knuckles.

"I miss you like you wouldn't believe Alice. Wade told me Ryder came to visit you. What did he want?"

Oh Wade, was that really necessary? "It seems he was trying to convince me you did what you're being accused of."

"Do you believe him?" He asked me, I notice his thumb had stopped stroking over my fingers. "That I did it?"

I frown, "No I don't, but I saw the surveillance video and I want you to tell me what the fuck happened. Please don't lie to me. I'm in this with you until the end, I just want the truth."

"You saw? Who let you see it?" Is he serious? The fact that I saw the stupid video is not what he should be concerned about.

"I asked Geoff to show me, but that's besides the point Hayden. They have evidence that you did this to her, I want to believe you but you're making it so hard for me. I can't defend you if you're going to try to keep secrets from me."

"I specifically told him not to let you see it. If you had any questions that you should talk to the two of them about it. I'm going to have to make some changes in my security once I get out of here."

"Don't fire him, I feel safe with him."

His eyes flicker with an indecipherable emotion before recomposing himself, "He had orders."