Chapter 25.

Wade and Geoff have spent the last twenty minutes taking turns yelling at me for firing Hayden's lawyer, Robert. Though they fully understand my positioning and my anger, they said he is the only man Hayden entrust with his legal metters.

I don't see why. He's an absolute jackass who has no consideration for me and what I'm going through.

"Miss Greene, you have to rehire him." Wade tries to tell me for the third time.

"I don't want to." Like a stubborn child I cross my arms over my chest and huff at the two bulky armed men standing before me in the apartment.

I don't even know how they found out that I fired him. Did he call them and bitch about it to them? He can pick up the phone and call everyone except me.

"Miss Greene," Now it's Geoff turn to persuade me to rehire the asshole of a lawyer. "This isn't about you. This is about Hayden. He doesn't trust just anyone with information about his life. He and Robert go way back and you have to respect that. You may not like the way he's been treating you but he is one of the best and he, like you, only has Hayden's best interest in mind. Don't do it because we're telling you to or because you actually like the man, do it for Hayden."

"Please." Wade adds to finish off everything else Geoff said.

I have no choice but to give in. I will keep my ill feelings at bay only for Hayden. If this man is as good as everyone claims he is, than I want him for Hayden. Hopefully all of this will be over soon so I don't have to deal with him for much longer.

"Fine, but he needs to stop ignoring me, it annoys me greatly and I'm in no mood to be annoyed any longer."

I can't blame my cycle for my current behavior and attitude. I can say it's magnifying my emotions but all of these feeling would still have been there regardless of my hormones.

"That's fair," Geoff agrees. "I will be sure to have a word with him about that on your behalf Miss Greene."

"Now that all of that is finished, can you tell us what you marched into the firm to inform Robert about?" I knew the moment I mentioned that Wade and Geoff were going to be curious about it. Now that he's finished scolding me, he can get down to business.

I let them read my letter before playing the voice recording for them. I keep my eyes glued to them to see their reactions as they listen to the words of Officer Marsh. I don't think anyone expected to hear what he was going to say.

What's happening to Hayden is a lot bigger than a case. It's a plot for vengeance. Lina is angry with Hayden for everything he has ever put her through—physically and emotionally. She wants him to hurt the way he hurt her. This is her way of revenge and she will stop at nothing to see her way through.

Wade immediately stands after the recording finished and Geoff follow suits, "Wait where are you going?"

"Send me that recording Miss Greene, I will take care of this."

"Okay, but please leave Officer Marsh out of this. He only wants to help."

Wade gives me a wordless nod of agreement before leaving me alone in the apartment to worry my life away. I don't think I will ever stop worrying about Hayden.

______________

Knocks sounded outside of my door interrupting my reading. Rising from the couch I hurry to get the door, opening the door expecting it to be Wade. To my surprise, I am met with my dad coughing into his arm. "Dad, what are you doing here? Come in." I grab his hand pulling him inside of the apartment.