Chapter 36.

With Hayden back home, I was finally able to get a good nights rest. Knowing he's here, he's okay, he's with me, made it a lot easier to sleep. I think Hayden is sleeping well too, because it's almost 10 in the morning and he is still asleep. Usually he would be up by now doing work, working out, or reading a book by the unlit fireplace waiting on me to wake up. But today, it's me waiting on him to wake up. I didn't want to wake him so I silently crept out of the bed to get to the bathroom before joining him in the bed again. I just stare at him, taking in the beautiful man beside me.

He looks so at peace, not haunted by dreadful nightmares or stressed with work and crazy ex fuck buddies. He's so delicate in his sleep and he clings onto anything in reaching distance. Right now, he's hugging one of the pillows he never sleeps on tight against his chest. His lips are pressed together and the exhales coming from his nose are soft but louder than normal. I adore him.

His obnoxious phone is what will ruin his sleep. It has been going off all morning, I managed to reach on the other side of him to put his phone on vibrate. I realize it might not have been a smart move and the call might be very important, but my priority right now is to make sure Hayden gets good sleep. It's the least I can do for him.

I look at Hayden's face again as he shifts releasing the pillow. I am so tempted to run my tongue through the peach fuzz he calls a beard, but I can't and I won't. I just really love beards, I learned to love Hayden without his, but Hayden with a beard is so hot to me.

"Alice?" Hayden's voice is so light, almost inaudible. His eyes aren't even open.

Oh god, is he dreaming of me? Are we going to have a repeat of last time when he pushed me away? I don't want that to ever happen again. "Yes, baby, I'm here." I say moving the pillow out of the way to get closer to him. He says nothing but just wraps his arms tight around me.

Not long after that happened, Hayden finally wakes up. I press feather light kisses to his chest, "Good morning." I smile up at him.

He smiles and hugs me tighter, "This is definitely a good morning."

"I've been waiting for you to wake up, and now we can finally go downstairs, I'm hungry and Mrs. Sutter went all out on breakfast because you're back. I can already smell the cinnamon rolls."

"Go ahead baby, I'll meet you down there." I press a kiss on his lips and get out of the bed. Unsure if Erika and Luke ever came back last night I put on a pair of pajama pants before going downstairs.

Mrs. Sutter had plenty of different smells going on at once, but all together it smelled like heaven. It was like Christmas came a month earlier this year. "Everything smells delicious Mrs. Sutter, good morning."

"Good morning Miss Greene, did you sleep well?"

"Yes, thank you, you?"

"Very well." She replied. "I fell asleep after watching 'Love Actually' with my husband, did you know they're already playing Christmas movies?"

"I haven't watched regular television in months, but I'm sure they would, as soon as Halloween is over Christmas begins, people don't even think about Thanksgiving."

"Though we should, we all have a lot to be thankful for."

"That is very true," Hayden says just as I was about to speak. "Good morning Mrs. Sutter." Hayden was dressed in a black button down tucked into his black slacks. I find myself frowning at the idea of him leaving already to go back to work on the weekend.

"Very pleased to have you back Mr. Stymest. It's been a lot quieter without you around." Her eyes glow with amusement as she looks between Hayden and I. Is that supposed to be a joke?