Chapter 42.

I rise from my sleep, the beautiful oceanic view the first thing I see before turning on my right to see Hayden still fast asleep beside me. His lips are closed and he's breathing loud from his nose, his hand covers his eyes as if to block the sunlight and his hair rest on his forehead instead of the usual slick back style. The sheets barely cover him, his chest to the top part of his pubic hair is revealed, and even after the numerous times we've seen each other naked or had sex, I still can't get enough of him.

Trailing kisses from his face to his chest, he stirs in his sleep, the hand that was shielding his eyes was now wrapped around me pulling me impossibly closer to him. "Good morning." He mumbles.

"Very good morning indeed." I kiss his lips. We get to wake up to each other and the world's most amazing view in Greece. What else could anyone ask for?

My phone buzzing from the nightstand interrupts anything else from happening. I hug the sheets to my body as I sit up to reach for it. It was a text from Reign.

Wake up sleepy head, we're having a girls day, breakfast then to the salon and most likely some shopping. Get your ass out of bed and meet me downstairs in 10.

I reply to her text with a simple 'OK' and avert my attention back to Hayden who was on his own phone. "I guess we'll be separated this morning."

"Where are you going?"

"A girls day, breakfast, hair and nail salon, then shopping." It was only after I've said it that I realized I shouldn't have. Hayden has this weird compulsion to pay for any and everything even if it has no benefit to him. I don't know if all men are like that and it's a masculine thing but it's so bothersome sometimes.

"Take my card." He mutters still looking at his phone.

"I can us—" I begin to reject his offer but he cuts me off mid-sentence.

"This isn't a conversation." His tone snappy and I roll my eyes at him but reluctantly give in. I have my own money from working with Dr. James and my dad still puts monthly checks into my bank account. I don't need to use Hayden's money, I don't even need my dad's money.

"Why are you so stern on paying for everything?" I feel the need to ask. I'm genuinely curious as to why he's like this.

"Remember when I told you my father used to buy Wes things and not me?" I nod, egging him to continue, unsure of where he was going with this. "It was because he cared for Wes. When you care for someone you spend money on them or give them money, so that's what I do. I show people I care."

"Oh, Hayden." I sigh. Such a naive little boy he was, and he carried that into his adulthood. "You can show people you care by being kind and compassionate, you don't need to give someone money to show them you care for them."

"It sounds the same to me."

"It isn't, I assure you."

Something dawns on me as I'm walking from the bed to the bathroom, "If I take your card then someone else will be paying for whatever you guys do, do you think you can handle that?" I purposefully keep the teasing clear in my tone.

"I have more than one." He winks at me and I scoff rolling my eyes then stalking into the bathroom. Of course, he has more than one card.

I take a little over ten minutes to get downstairs, mostly because of Hayden's constant joking and need for affection this morning. With all of the laughter and kisses, we shared this morning it hadn't even crossed my mind to ask him again if he were okay after last night. I never want him to think I was taking advantage of him because of the amount of alcohol he consumed yesterday. Even after all of the times I've tried he's constantly told me he doesn't want me that way. Why the sudden change of heart? Was it because of his jealousy of Jake?