Chapter 1.

14 year old Hayden got his acceptance letter in the mail, every school he applied for accepted his application. Even the ivy league schools in America accepted his application. He gathered all of the envelopes to bring to his father's study. He knew that this news would finally make his father proud of him.

Just outside of his study he heard his father yelling loudly and the sound of soft weeping, by now he knew the crying was coming from his mother. His father once told him you hurt the ones you love only because you want the best for them and that was the reason he hit him and sometimes hit his mother.

Hayden waited outside of his father's study trying to ignore what was going on inside of that room by humming along to one of his favorite songs, that played in his head every time something bad was happening to him or to someone around him.

The Mississippi Delta was shining like a National guitar, I am following the river down the highway through the cradle of the civil war. I'm going to Graceland. Graceland.

_______________

I felt alone.

Even though Mrs. Sutter, Wade, Tanner, and Geoff were around me twenty-four seven, I felt alone. Even though Reign decided to stay in Seattle for some time, and Wesley came to visit I felt alone. Hayden has only been away for the weekend but the days and nights feel longer without him being beside me.

The news of Hayden's arrest was all over the media, everyone wanted the scoop but no one had the facts. I didn't even have the facts. I know just as much as they know. Hayden has been charged with rape and he raped Lina.

I wanted to believe that it wasn't true, but I didn't have any proof to back my assumptions. And in the few phone calls that Hayden and I had, he didn't confirm or deny the rape allegations. He won't tell me anything. The only time he did say he didn't do it was the night he got arrested. I tried to use that as my confirmation that he was innocent but when the police called me down to the station to answer questions I wasn't so sure.

"We are sorry to inconvenience you Miss Greene." The blue eyed officer says to me while in the interrogation room. I later found out his name is Officer Marsh and the man who arrested Hayden is Officer Rowen. Officer Marsh is so much nicer to Hayden than Officer Rowen. "But we do need your full cooperation in this investigation."

"Of course, anything to help Hayden."

"Where were you the night of September fifth?" Officer Rowen asked, taking over the interview. This was the day Hayden went out to help Heather, while I went out with my mother. I do remember Hayden mentioning he spoke with Lina and his saddened behavior when I got back.

"I was at home with Hayden the entire morning and then I went out with my mother."

"Your mother, Eleanor Greene?"

"Yes."

"And where was Mr. Stymest during that time?"

I don't mention the part when Hayden left home to go help Heather. "He was at home, he had work to catch up on so he couldn't join us."

"How long were you out with your mother?"

"I left with her for dinner around six, then we went shopping and I made it back home around nine-thirtyish."