Chapter 15.

"I can't get no satisfaction."

(The Rolling Stones - Satisfaction)

____________________________________________________

The song playing in Hayden's head was able to block out the voice of his father as well. His lips were moving but he couldn't hear a word he was saying, he just hoped it wasn't anything important that required an answer from him.

He was used to his father down talking him on a daily basis and he always tried his best to ignore it. He never liked hearing his dad say that he hates him, that he's dumb and illerate, that he doesn't deserve to share the same last name as the rest of the family, that he wished his mother had the abortion like he told her to. He never understood his father's hatred for him, but he always wished one day if he did something his dad liked he will finally be proud of him.

He thought that maybe if he opened his own business using his dad's name and brand his father would like that. He thought that if he changed himself to be more like his dad, that somehow they would find something to bond over. If he became the spitting image of his dad–the controlling, always angry, sexually active boss–then his dad will finally be proud of who he was as a man, and as his son.

The single slap to his face brought him back to his reality.

"Respond to me when I talk to you." Damon was seething for a reason unknown to Hayden because he hadn't been listening to a single word his dad uttered.

The longer he stayed quiet and just stared at the man the more irate Damon grew. He pressed his hands firmly on Hayden's chest pushing him to the ground and kicks him in his stomach with his shiny white loafers.

"Answer me!" He shouts again with another kick to the fourteen year old boys abdomin.

Hayden's POV

Find his weakness and use it against him. If that wasn't the best advice I have ever received, I don't know what is.

I have a sense of what his weakness is, and it's something he and I both have in common. It's something I learned from him from a very young age; to be in control of all things around you. If I take Alice's advice I can kill two birds with one stone. The first being that I finally step up to the old bastard, the second is that I can save Wesley. I have to save him because I owe it to him. He saved me from our father years ago and now it's my turn to save him from our father.

I left Alice in the hotel room two hours ago and stopped by Wade and Geoff's room to get the briefcase they tried to get me to take the day before. I didn't give them the opportunity to say anything to me. I don't need anyone to convince me what I'm about to do will get me in even more trouble with the law. I already know that. But I will do whatever it takes to get Wesley, even if that means using the one weapon I despise the most.

I have been standing outside of my parents house, my old house for the past half hour. Every time I take a look at the front door, I begin to think of the last time I was ever in this godforsaken house. I was fourteen then, bloody and bruised all over being dragged out of the house by my mother. She forced me into the back of her car and drove me to the hospital. She stayed in the hospital long enough to tell the doctors what "really happened" to me. She was gone before I made it out of recovery. I woke up to a suitcase of my clothes and a plane ticket to America. I didn't even get to say goodbye to Wesley or anyone before I left.