Chapter 7.

If this woman is Hayden's wife, I will lose my shit. Hayden having an entire family is far worse than me having to deal with his addiction, sadism, Lina, Heather and everything that has once tested our relationship. This is worse than all of that combined. I've been living in a lie, my relationship with him is a lie, everything he's told me has been a lie. I will become my mother.

And this woman will look at me as the home wrecker even though Hayden has never even almost mentioned anything about this woman. 

I asked him about having a child and he said he didn't have one, nor did he think about having one. He told me he's never loved anyone, but he has a wife? I don't understand any of this.

"Yes, my last name is Stymest. My mother didn't want me to grow up without knowing who my father was, so she gave me his last name."

At the mention of the word father I was able to breathe again. She is not Hayden's wife. She is his sister. Half sister. And this little boy is Hayden's nephew. Half nephew?

Is that a thing?

What is she doing here in my office when she should be going after Hayden in his office? After all, they're the one's who are siblings. Half siblings.

Is she the one Hayden said to get rid of? Does he know of her? Is he avoiding her? I have so many questions to ask her. How do I know she isn't lying?

Just look at her, she looks like she could be a child of Damon. She has the blue eyes, the brown hair, the gorgeous face. There's no point in denying Damon the demon, makes beautiful kids.

Damon the demon. That fits him so well.

I'm getting so off topic here.

She finally takes a seat looking around the room. I clear my throat, "If you're Hayden's sister, why have you taken so long to find him? Scratch that, how did you even find him?"

"He's all over the news, the two of you are. I saw his last name, and his features looked like the man my mother always described to me, so I looked him up and I found his home address."

Anyone who gets in touch with Hayden after years of separation, seem to always find him through the media. First it was Wes and now it's his sister.

"What are you doing here though?"

"I was at the house this morning but it was gated so I couldn't just knock on the door. And then you left and I followed you here this morning, but I finally got the courage to come in a few minutes ago."

"You followed me?"

"I didn't know what else to do. I figured if I come to you first you can tell me what he's like or even what my father is like."

"You find out your half brother—that you've never once met—is being charged with rape through the media and you decide this is the type of person you want to get to know?" I'm just curious. Usually people want nothing to do with a "rapist".

"You're still with him, so I assumed there was more to the story than what was being shared. But I'm not here to know his skeletons, I want to get to know this side of my family. My mother recently passed away and I'm her only child, I have no one else. So why not get to know them?"

"My condolences for your lost Erika."

"Thanks." She offers me a kind smile. "So what do you say? Can you help me get to know my second family?"