Just A Dream

This is based off of a song. Continue.

"You're still thinking about tomorrow." Nash lifted his head up to meet his love's eyes. "Let's make some rules." He teased. "What rules?" Nash laughed lightly. "Well, tonight, I decided: we'll just be together. Not think about tomorrow." Nash looked away. He put a finger underneath Nash's chin and lifted it ever-so-slightly. "Just you and me. Nothing else matters."

It's was two weeks after the day he turned eighteen. All dressed in white, going to the church that night. He had his box of letters in his passengers seat. Sixpence in a shoe, something borrowed, something blue. When the church doors opened up wide, he put his head down trying to hide the tears. He just couldn't believe it. He heard the trumpets from the military band, and the flowers fell out of his hands.

This is just a dream. He told himself. He can't even breathe. It's like he's looking from a distance, standing in the background while everybody's saying "he's not coming home now." This can't be happening to me. He thought.

"I guess I'm just a little nervous about tomorrow." Nash confessed. "Tomorrow is just another day." He said.

The preacher man said "let us now our heads and pray. Lord, please lift his soul, and heal this hurt." Then the congregation all stood up, and sang the saddest song that he ever heard.

Then they handed him a folded up flag and he held on to all he had left of him. And what could've been. And then the guns rang one last time, and it felt like a bullet to the heart. "He's not coming home now." The words repeated in his head. This is just a dream. This is just a dream.

Nash opened the door to reveal a tall man standing in a slick black suit. The man pulled out a letter from his jacket and handed it to Nash. He looked at the man curiously before taking the letter and opening it. His hand clamped over his mouth and hot tears ran down his face so fast it was like they were racing to see who got to the bottom of his face first. "He was a good man."

Nash handed the flag to his mother and ran towards the coffin. His laid his head down and started beating on it. "WHY'D YOU HAVE TO LEAVE ME?"

"I have a whole life planned out for us, it's perfect." He stated firmly. "Promise?" Nash whispered.

"I was counting on forever, now I'll never know." Nash wailed. He fell to his knees and curled into a fall, crying as hard as one can. "Why'd you have to leave me, Cameron? You can't just promise me forever and leave like that!" He punched the ground, not caring about how much it hurt.