Cleanin' This Gun

hope u like it @snickershoeee

"How do I look?" Ember asked, her eyes shining brightly. Cameron looked down at her with a small grin on his face. "You look stunning, baby girl." She smiled widely and threw her arms around Cameron. They hugged for a while before pulling back. "Do you think Daddy is done talking to him yet?" Cameron shrugged. "I doubt it. Let's go find out, shall we?" Cameron stuck his arm out and they sauntered through the house with their arms hooked together.

Cameron stopped at the end of the hall and made sure Ember was behind him. Cameron peaked his head around the corner and watched as Nash sat staring at the young boy in front of him. Cameron smiled lightly and shook his head, Nash is so overprotective over Ember.

"So," Nash spoke. "What's your name again, son?"

"J-Joshua." The boy spoke with a shaky voice. Cameron motioned for Ember to stay put but walked out into the living room. As he sat down close to Nash, he noticed Nash's shotgun sitting in his lap. "Tell me a little something about yourself, Joshua." Nash pulled a rag from his pocket and dragged it slowly along the barrel of the shotgun.

"I-I'm seventeen, go to high school with your daughter. I like to hu-" Joshua stops when Nash get's down near the trigger. "Relax boy, I ain't gonna shoot you." Joshua's face flushed with relief. "Not yet, anyway." Nash mumbles under his breath. He glances at Cameron and Cameron kisses Nash on the cheek.

"So you like our daughter, do ya now?" Joshua nods his head hastily. "A lo-"

"I didn't tell you to speak, boy." Nash snaps. "Chill out Nash." Cameron whispers. "What were you saying, Joshua?"

"I l-like Ember a lot." Cameron nodded slowly, "Yeah, she sure is something else. She's her daddy's girl," Cameron points to Nash. He knows he's going to get confusing for the boy. "In her daddy's world." Cameron points to himself. "And she deserves the best. That's what she'll get, ain't it son?" Nash adds in, making Joshua nod hastily.

"Ember, come on in." Ember slowly walks in with a shy smile on her face. Nash stands up and takes Ember's hand. Cameron stands up and walks to the other side so that they're all standing as a family. "Joshua, this is our baby girl. If you hurt her, I promise you I will hurt you. Whether that be physical, mental, or emotional pain, I will hurt you." Nash speaks lowly. Joshua looks to Cameron because he seems to be the more calm, rational, level-headed one of the pair, but finds Cameron nodding along with Nash. "Do you understand?" Nash growls, making Joshua nod profusely.

"Good. Now, you kids run along. Have her back by ten-" Nash is cut off by Ember, "Thirty." She smiles sweetly at him and he narrows his eyes. "Fifteen."

"Twenty-five." Nash rolls his eyes and puts his head down. He rubs his forehead slowly while he shakes his head. "I can't believe I'm negotiating with my sixteen year old daughter about curfew." His head pops back up and he sighs, "Have her home by ten-twenty-five."

"Thank you dad!" Ember smiles widely and kisses both Nash and Cameron on the cheek. Cameron walks them to the door and watches as they walk off to Joshua's car. "You kids have fun!" Cameron yells after them.

"Yeah, when you get back I'll probably still be here cleanin' this gun." Nash says after he sits down on the porch chair with his shotgun in his lap.