{~'~'CHAPTER FORTY-EIGHT'~'~}

"How in the world did this happen!?" I put my hands on my hips and stared Sasuke down, who was at the moment standing in the middle of the kitchen wearing a cooking apron covered in ketchup. He was looking everywhere but me wishing he could escape my deathly glare.

I looked around to take in the damage. There were basically unidentifiable mush covering most of the room with knives sticking to the ceiling and a batch of chocolate ice cream melting in the corner with the clinging dust bunnies. I shook my head and turned  to get the cleaning supplies but stopped when I heard a muffed whine.

"Sasuke." I turned back.

"Yes?" He stopped from where he was trying to escape from the kitchen.

"Where's the puppy?"

"Um." I saw his eyes move to the stove before looking down.

The second I thought the worst I ran to the stove and flung the oven open. The puppy quickly jumped out and ran around the kitchen before running out, whining along the way. I quietly closed the warm oven door and looked back at the culprit.

"Sasuke."

"Yes?"

"Why was the puppy in the oven?"

"Um."

Just then Itachi walked into the kitchen holding our 'almost dinner'  new family member. "Where did this little one come from Kisa?" He took one look around the room and turned his eyes on Sasuke, raining one eyebrow in a silent question of 'what did you do now little brother?'.

"I found him in an abandoned house. Poor thing was all alone I didn't want to leave him there." Itachi handed me the puppy and I cuddled him close. He felt a little warm from almost being broiled/baked alive so I set him down and got an ice pack from the kitchen. "So how was your mission Itachi?" I asked him, giving Sasuke the task of cooling down the puppy.

"Well. I went and talked with the Hokage." My eyes widened as the reality of the words set in. He actually went to the Hokage behind my back. It had better be a good reason before I forbid him from setting foot outside the hideout again. "What did you two talk about?"

"I asked if we could be admitted back into Konoha." His answer was simple but I heard many different meanings behind it, and it was not good. "So you told them about Danzo and the fact that you are innocent somewhat?"

"I did. She was not pleased at first, but said she would confide with the elders. If they believe we are not a threat, we will be able to go back and serve the village that had once served us." He pulled out a chair and sat down, staring calmly at me.

"What's the catch?" Tsunade always had something up her sleeve so I couldn't be sure to trust her so easily. "Nothing much. Just a few weeks of being stuck in our apartment before we can take on missions." He munched on a piece of I don't know what it is while staring at Sasuke who was trying to shove the puppy back into the oven.

I simply walked over and KO'd Sasuke, handing him to Itachi before picking up the poor puppy who was shaking like a Chihuahua. I pondered over the Hokage's verdict before turning back to the only other conscious person in the room. "I say lets go for it."

It turned out that going back to Konoha wasn't such a good idea after all.