{~'~'CHAPTER FORTY-FOUR'~'~}

The day after I came to the akatsuki base to stay with Itachi he had told me the entire story of why he killed the entire clan. It was because of stupid Danzo. I always hated that man for many reasons more than one. One of them is because he tried to kill me to get infinite chakra and the other is because he kills Uchihas and takes their eyes, embedding them into his arm which freaked me out to no end. And I also wondered what was under his bandaged eye. It couldn't have been a good thing if he was hiding something under it.

But when I found out he died because of Sasuke I was overjoyed enough to throw a party and celebrate. Everything he did was bad even though he was doing it for the benefit of his village. But now that Danzo got what he deserved Sasuke is coming after Itachi to avenge his clan and I can do nothing about it unless I can get him to calm down and listen, which I know he won't do because he's blind to those situations.

I sighed and plopped down onto the soft mattress, taking in my beloved's scent. Sounds creepy but it calms me because he's not here. Itachi went out a few hours ago to meet Sasuke and have a little chat with him before he comes back, probably going to give out our location.

SASUKE POV

I walked through the debris of a village that was probably destroyed years ago. I would of had my group camp out but it wasn't safe tonight. I don't know why but I just got a bad feeling about it, whatever it would be. "Come on Sasuke. Do we really have to sleep amongst decaying bodies?" Suigetsu looked around while sipping on his water bottle. "Yeah Sasuke. Why can't we sleep in the woods? It would be better than here." Karin whined as she held onto my arm.

I sighed before shrugging her off and turned around to look at them. "I have a bad feeling about camping out in the woods tonight so just deal with it." I told them coldly before noticing Juugo was missing. Karin and Suigetsu turned to look at what I was looking at. "Where's Juugo?" Suigetsu turned his head to the side while Karin shivered next to him. "He better not have been abducted."

"We'll split up and search for him." I told them before jumping onto the closest roof that was still intact. This place does send a shiver down my back. I shook off the feeling while looking around. There were still some building that haven't collapsed yet, maybe he went to use the bathroom or explore. Before I had another thought I heard movement from behind me.

I activated my sharingan and looked behind me to see nothing out of the ordinary. I kept my guard up and saw Suigetsu running towards me pulling Karin by the arm. "Sasuke we have a problem." I jumped down from the roof a second before it collapsed. "What is it?" I asked only to turn around when Karin pointed behind me.

There was cat about the size of a full grown tree staring down at us while hissing. "Should we run?" Karin whispered. The silence stretched before it jumped towards us. "I'm out of here!" Suigetsu ran off leaving Karin to run off after him. I jumped out of the way of its claws and started putting distance between us so I can think. I don't want to kill a cat, but if I had to I will. Then I remembered the necklace Yuna-nee gave me.

I took it out of my pocket and tapped it. 'How am I supposed to use this?' The cat heard the noise of my tapping and started running at me. 'Yuna-nee.' I prayed to the necklace before I saw it glow and held it out in front of me. Chakra came out of the gem and quickly took shape of a wolf before it started materializing. In a quick second she held her ground as the cat rammed into her side. She shoved it off before blasting water at it at close range.

The cat quickly backed away now soaking wet, hissing at Yuna-nee. She quickly pushed it down onto its stomach before I saw something weird happen. I literally saw the chakra come out of the cat before being absorbed into her. When she was done the cat started shrinking until it was back to it's normal size. The cat meowed before running off, leaving Yuna-nee to shift into her human form. "What was that?" I asked her as she walked up to me.

"That cat had my chakra. Some of it was probably clinging to the debris after I came here." She looked around before following where the cat went. I had no choice but to follow her. We came to a stop in front of one of the remaining buildings. She knocked on the door and a few seconds later it opened to reveal Juugo holding the cat, along with Karin and Suigetsu.

"I have to go Sasuke." Yuna-nee put her hand on my shoulder before turning to leave. "Someone's coming to get you."