{~'~'CHAPTER FOURTEEN'~'~}

SASUKE POV

I thought I would have a dreamless sleep, but I thought wrong. I looked around and took in my surroundings. I was in the Uchiha compound. I wondered why I would be outside at night instead of in my bed. Something was off about this place at night. Then I noticed..

The lights were on all around me. People were walking by into shops and their homes. My eyes lit up for a second, then they turned dark again. Why would anybody be in the Uchiha compound? Why are the lights on? Why does it feel like its not empty in my heart? I saw somebody walk past me and I looked up at his face in terror and hatred. Itachi.

Why is he here? Did he come back to be caught and killed? Does he want to ruin my life all over again? Anger boiled inside of me as I rushed to catch up to him. "Why are you here?!" I yelled at him. He ignored me. I ran up to him and tried to grab his shoulder, but my hand just went right through him. Is this a dream, or is it a memory? He turned a corner towards our house and I quickly followed him. I saw him go into the house and close the door behind him. I heard a loud noise, as if something exploded. I quickly ran up to the house and my body went through the door. I made my way towards a room that had smoke coming out of it and I looked inside. My eyes widened.

I saw a girl in her teens covering what appeared to be.... me. The girl had long black hair that went down to her waist and purple eyes that makes you lose yourself in them. She had on a long blue dress that had gray colors all over it from the ashes of the explosion. I heard footsteps come from the hallway and stepped out of the way, even if they can't see, hear, or touch me, I still didn't want to have the thought of being trampled on. Itachi, mom, and dad ran in through the door and stopped in their tracks.

"What happened?!" my mom asked the girl, while looking around at the huge mess in the kitchen.  Food were all over the cabinets and the floors. Frying pans were stuck to the ceiling? Kunais were wedged into the counters? What exactly happened here? The girl looked up at her, still holding me tight to her chest protectively.

"I'm sorry Mikoto-san." the girl said while bowing her head slightly. Somehow her voice didn't seem to match her age. Her voice sounded more mature than it should be but it was still soft. "Don't worry about it." mom told her crouching down in front of them. "Are you guys ok?"

"She protected me, so I'm fine." I said to mom. "Can you see if she's ok, she took most of the damage." Mom smiled at me and stroked my head. "Of course Sasuke." Dad walked right up to us. "Thank you for protecting Sasuke, Yuna-san." he said as he bowed slightly to her.

Wait... YUNA! Her name sounds just like the Yuna my team is accompanying. Maybe its just a coincidence. I looked from my thoughts to see her bow slightly to father in return. "I'm glad I made it in time before the explosion." she said while looking down at me. "I'm sorry Yuna-nee." I told her as she let me go. I stood up and mom looked over her. "You look like you got hit with a fireball, and got stuck to a dust bunny." mom told her in a joking way.

Yuna smiled at her and laughed, until she started coughing violently. Her body shook while she tried to breathe. Mom and dad's eyes widened. "Oh dear, are you okay Yuna!?" mom said frantically flying all over the room to get medical supplies. She was so on edge that she tripped over a bagel... that was just lying on the floor, and ran into a bookshelf. Why did we have a bookcase in the kitchen?

Yuna started coughing up blood and Itachi walked over to her. He picked her up bridal style and walked towards the hallway. "I'm going to tend to her wounds mother, can you clean up Sasuke?" he asked mom and dad. Dad nodded his head while walking towards mom and me. He helped mother stand and she grabbed me and pulled me to her. She hugged me tightly.

"Mom, you're squishing me!" I said to her while the air supply was getting on high demand. "Sorry dear, but how did you blow up the kitchen?" she asked me as she released me and held me by the shoulders. Father looked at me questioningly as well, peering over mother's shoulder in disappointment. I turned my head downwards and looked at the ground in shame.

"I just wanted to make something for everyone." I told them. "Then what about the kunais?" father asked me while holding one of my shoulders. "It somehow came alive and it tried to eat me, so I tried to take it down myself." I told them while rubbing the back of my head in embarrassment. "Then how come... never mind" father stopped midsentence and stood up.

He went over to the medical cabinet and got out some supplies and brought them back to mother. Then he left the room without a single word. Mother treated my wounds, and when I was all cleaned up, she dismissed me with a hug and I left towards my room. I got off of the wall and followed the little 'me' all the way to Itachi's door. He peered in and I came up behind him and looked in as well.

I saw Yuna being treated by Itachi and wincing anytime alcohol came intact with her bruises. I think she spotted the little 'me' since she turned her head and looked at him. My little version opened the door a bit more and peered inside. "Come in Sasuke" she said as she gestured him to come closer with a wave of her hand. He stepped inside and I stayed by the door and listened.

"I'm sorry Yuna-nee." I said as I wrapped my arms around her waist and snuggled into her. "Its okay Sasuke, you meant no harm, I know that." she replied and hugged me back. Itachi stood there amused by the scenery in front of him. "Are you joining, or what?" she asked him. Itachi shrugged his shoulders and joined the small group hug.

After that Yuna escorted me to my room and tucked 'me' into my bed. She gave him a small kiss on the forehead and ruffled his hair before heading out of the door. As she closed the door I heard her and Itachi talk about something, but they were muffled so I strained my ears to hear better while putting my ear to the door. It seems they already left. I turned towards my little sleeping form and felt myself being sucked into another memory.

Great... just great.

I couldn't finish (;-;) so sad.