Chapter 2

Robyn is interrupted from her deep slumber by the melodic sound of birds singing sweet tunes outside her window, and by the sun's fingers reaching through her bedroom curtains and stroking her face. It looks sunny outside, but Robyn knows that the sunlight is just tricking her. She knows that it's going to be crisp and cold outside, like the rest of the spring had been. She rolled around in her comfy bed, covering the duvet over her head, until she realised what day it was. 

Her first day of Spy School. 

Usually, she would've never woken up at 6:30am, but this day isn't going to be a usual day. Unwillingly, she sits herself up and throws her legs over the side if the bed, her feet brushing the hard, cold wooden floor below her. She forces herself onto her feet, feeling them awaken as she does so, and walks over to her wardrope, shuffling sluggishly. Flinging the door open, she grabs some black clothes for school. They're allowed to wear anything as long as it's black and easy to move in. She throws on a black long-sleeved crop top with a high neck line and a black skort, a combination of spandex shorts and a black skirt that allows her to kick arse without having to worry about whether or not her knickers are on show. She also shoves on her gear belt, before sulking over to her bathroom. She brushes through her straight, long brunette hair that reaches down to the end of her back and washes her face. Not needing much foundation as her skin is pretty much flawless - apart from red patches here and there - she only applies some eyeliner and mascara that makes her eyes look even bigger than they already were. She checks herself out in her wardope mirror before slipping on a pair of black Dock Martins. She also throws on a pair of aviator sunglasses on her head, brushes her teeth and grabs her school backpack before jumping out of her secret passageway and into the hall of Browning High. 

Seeing as her mother is the new headmistress of the school, they both live in it secretly. They live right at the top of the school, in the attic. They don't want anybody to know because, well... ever since that incident when Robyn was 5, Beckitt has never been more keen to get her. 

Acting casual, she walks down into the heart of the massive building, into the gym. Ever since she first moved there, she has been training non-stop. She pretty much goes there whenever she has spare time, but now that it's her first day of school, friends, classes and homework, she doesn't think she's going to get a lot of spare time.

The school hasn't opened yet, so quickly, before going to the gym, she goes into the kitchen and grabs some pancakes for breakfast. From the kitchen, she slips into another a secret passageway she's found and BAM - she's in the gym. When she first moved to Browning High, she made an oath to herself that she'd find all the passageways, because hey, they come in handy.

"Hey there Gymmy," she says as she enters the gym, laughing at herself. She finds herself quite humourous at times, but she knows that others don't really appreciate her jokes.

She does that a lot; make tiny little jokes to herself, but nobody seems to notice.

Anyway, she begins to train with the punching bag. She puts on her training gloves that prevents her hands and knuckles from getting too bruised or harmed and starts throwing punches at the bag. Throwing them as hard as she can, over and over again, the bag responds by swinging about violently, threatening to fall off it's hook.  Robyn is very strong, although she doesn't have a body builder abs or arms. There are definitely abs there, but they aren't so prominent.

After punching the bag for 10 minutes, she moves onto the guns and weapons, her sweat dripping on the floor as she moves. She picks up the closest weapon, a 32. pistol and gets into her starting position. 3 Quiet beebs flashes on the wall and a steel man pops up in front of her. Effortlessly, she shoots him in the center of his head as another man pops up to her left, causing her to shoot him, again, in his head. She goes on like this for another 10 minutes, hitting them all either in their heads or in their hearts, and then moves over to the knives.

Grabbing about 10 knives, she goes back into the same position as she was previously in. She changes the settings to her right on "knives" rather than guns and the 3 beebs flash again. She throws a knife at a figure in the corner of the room, but instead of it being steel, it's made out of a thick fabric which is full of wool and feathers. She continues to do the same for the other 9 figures and she goes to collect the knives that were stuck in their hearts before getting back into her position, and throwing again. 

Next stop: Fighting skills.

She walks into the next room of the gym, and to her suprise, she sees a figure beating at a rubber dummy. Quietly, she walks a bit closer, trying to examine who this person was. It looks like a girl. She has medium length black hair and dark skin. Her fighting skills are basic, but she sure looks like she knows what she's doing. Robyn coughs a bit, trying to grab her attention, but fails. She trys again, this time succeeding, causing the girl to quickly turn around to see Robyn - her eyes widening in shock.

"I-I uh..." she stutters, "I'm sorry I didn't know anyone else was here." 

"It's no problem, really," Robyn comments, smiling. Robyn has no problem with the girl being here.

She looks at Robyn in the eye and opens her mouth with awe. "Are you Robyn Jones?"

"That's my name, don't wear it out!" Robyn exclaims, trying to lighten the mood seeing as it seems quite awkward. The mysterious girl stays quiet - watching Robyn with disbelief -  for a while so Robyn decides to speak first. "What's your name?"

"Belle... Belle Black."

"Do you want to train with me, Belle? I've been coming down here for quite some time now and I've never run into anybody yet."

"Of course I would!" She exclaims immediately. Realising how quick her answer had been, she adds "It'd be great to train with...well, you! You're a legend around here."

"Really?" Robyn asks, adjusting the glove on her hand. She knows the pupils and teachers here know who she is, but she never knew that she was a legend to them. "Why?"

"What do you mean 'why'? You were the youngest person ever to kill sombody! Let alone 14 people!" 

"Yeah, I guess..." Robyn says, scratching the back of her neck uncomfortably. 

There's a silence for a couple of seconds.

"So are you starting school today? The word's 'round that you are."

"Yeah I am, but a part from you I haven't really met any friends."

She gasps, "I'm a friend of Robyn Jones?" She asks.

"Well, why not?" Robyn says with a small, cool smile.

"Awesome! Hey, is that your school bag? Can I see your timetable so I can see if we have any lessons together?" Belle questions eagerly.

Robyn swings her back pack around her body and grabs her planner (timetable), before handing it to Belle. "Here."

She flips the planner open and examines her lessons.

"We have nearly all the same lessons together! The only lessons we don't are..." she examines  Robyn's planner again, "german and gadgets."

"Cool!" Robyn's actually now excited for her lessons.

"So, " Belle says, handing Robyn her planner, "shall we get training? I'd love to see your moves!"

They get straight to it. They go inside the rink and fight for about 20 minutes whilst Robyn gave Belle advice and some moves, and they try them out on each other. Belle's a very good fighter, she has great speed and flexibility, but in the spy world, you need a lot more then that to survive. 

A lesson Robyn's going to figure out very soon.