Chapter 49: The tape

The TV screen in my lounge turned fuzzy in black and white zig zags as I sat in between Louis and Harry. All of the boys were also curious as to what was on the tape, and seeing as they already knew of who I amwasand what I did, I decided to let them watch me.

I flicked through my TV screen's settings as I tried to bring up the video.

"What do you think it's about?" Harry asked, gently rubbing my knee.

"No idea, probably just my mother telling me about the KAA or what I should do now she's gone..." I said in frustration, before the TV screen flicked to a shot of my father's office. "What the hell?"

"What is it?" Louis asks.

"It's my dad's old offi-" my voice got cut off when a familiar voice filled my ears; a voice I hadn't heard in so long it ached my ears and heart. It was the voice I expected the least to be hearing right now, and it made me gasp and cover my mouth with one hand while the other clutched into my chest. The voice was calm and collected and he wass speaking gently, as though he was worried about waking somebody up.

"Robyn," my father said, walking into view and looking into the camera intently as he sat down, "when you see this video, I will probably be gone... because of the 'dangerous mission' I was on. The one that your mother probably informed you of? Well, I'm going to get straight to the point and I'm going to tell you now, Robyn, that I didn't die on that mission."

I choked silently on air and felt my entire body tense again. "Now, who knows, I may be dead now due to old age, an illness or murder, but I didn't die on February the 22th 2001, I ran away... It sounds so cowardly when I say it out loud," He sighed and ran his hands through his slightly grey hair, "I ran away because I was threatened... By Beckitt, but I don't want you to look for me... It'll risk your life as well as mine, but who knows? Maybe we'll see eachother again.  

"Anyway, I know all of this is a shock to you, honey, and I don't want to press anymore stress into your life, but you need to know this. Remember that I still love you more than anything, along with your mum, and that what I'm about to tell you doesn't affect my feelings towards you."

I began to shift around nervously and I felt the tears fall down my face. Without looking, I noticed that the boy's eyes were focused on the screen, and they too looked quite nervous.

Dad sighed and rubbed his eyes before looking back up to the camera and smiling lightly. "Robyn... I am not your real father."

He went silent again, as though he knew that I'd freak out; and he was right to do so. I stopped breathing and heared soft gasps around me.

I just stared at the screen and the tears stopped flowing from my eyes, although I didn't know why. I felt as though I wanted to cry a river, an ocean even... But I didn't. My mouth was still open wide, although nobody could see due to my hand covering it. I felt as though my heart was in my throat and it was pulsing venom through my body; bitter, poisonous venom.

"But I'm still your father, your dad, your cuddly bear. Although we aren't blood related, it doesn't mean that I don't love you, nor does it mean that you aren't my daughter. You are, and I know that you might feel a little more... Distant from me now, but there's no need to. I AM your father, and I'm a better father then your other one ever was or ever will be-" My father was interrupted by a female voice, which sounded like my mother.

"Ryan, you need to hurry up if you want to catch the flight..."

"Alright, honey, just a second! Robyn, because I am no longer going to be around as a fatherly figure to protect you, although you don't exactly need protecting from me, I have decided to tell you now the name of your real father. You... You have no idea how hard this is for me to say, and I know you might take this badly, but you need to hear it... But firstly, I'm sorry for dumping all of these secrets on you in one short video. The fact that I'm not your blood father and that I'm probably still alive may be enough to crush you right now... but, Robyn, honey... Your real father is-" he seemed very hesitant and I knew that I was not going to like the answer to this big, life changing secret.