Chapter 33: Change

As I slipped back through my apartment door, a thought occured to me. Why didn't I just leave? Why didn't I just pack my bags now and walk out of here?

Apart from my friends, there was no reason why I should've stayed here, and besides, I had them saved on my IPhone to talk to.

You're probably thinking, 'you have an IPhone? Why don't you call your mum or the boys?' Well, despite being a spy, I couldn't remember long phone numbers apart from my own so...

I ran over to my duffle bag that was under my bed and threw as much things that I could inside, my IPhone, my clothes, my gadgets (I now had a lot of cool weapons and techy-techy things that'll come in handy), make-up, money, food and my notepad and pen. 

I looked at my watch to see that it was 1:30am, so it was still dark outside. Perfect.

As I left my apartment and began to walk down the hallway, I started to think again. Where would I go now? The boys wouldn't want to see me after all this time, and Zayn had Perrie so he would've forgotten all about me.

Wait...

Zayn was okay! I had completely forgotten about the whole incident!

Anyway, could I go to my mum? No, she'd tell Paul who'd tell the boys. Well, where did I go?

I slipped through the manwhole and walked through the tunnel with the crescendo light peeking through the end of it. 

I could start a new life, maybe? A fresh one? A life with no secrets and no life threatening moments? That sounded nice.

I could change me name, my look even! I could be called... Amber? No, didn't suite me... Jasmine? Nah, too feminine. Anna?

Anna!

I had always loved that name. 

So my new name was Anna, but I needed a second name, maybe Anna.... Browning? As in Browning High?

Alright!

I was Anna Browning, 18, from Wales.

No, I couldn't come from Wales, they'd suspect something! I could be from Spain? I could speak Spanish after all... but I didn't have a tan. French? German? American?

"Hi! I'm Anna Browning, I'm 18 and I'm from America!" I said wih an American accent.

Or, I could've just moved to America, an even fresher start! I could go to Washington, the capital. I had always dreamed about going there. 

Alright, America it was!

Now, I just needed to change my look...

I looked left and right to see that I had ended up in the middle of a nearby city with flashing lights, clubs and night bars and lucky for me, I saw a 24 hour hairdresser and beauty parlour at the end of the road. I jogged over to it, slightly paranoid and anxious that somebody I knew might've seen me, and entered the store to see 2 young women sitting at a desk chewing gum together.

I walked over to them and smiled widely at them when they notice me, which they returned. "Hello, love! What can we help you with?" the one with bright pink hair, a nose peircing and several ear piercings - Pam according to her name tag - asked me warmly.

"I want to change my ... um, look..." I said unsurely, I had never had a hair cut before.

"What do you want done, darling?" Pam asked.

"Well, actually, I'm not quite sure..."  I chuckled, earning a slightly confused look, "I just need to look different."

"Oh, I see, hiding from the police, isi?" the woman with fake blonde hair and snake bites - Joan - joked, laughing.