Chapter 50: Funeral

I put on my mother's old, black dress that she'd wear almost 24/7, that went down to just below my knees and had 3/4 sleeves. It was a simple dress, but it always made mum look beautiful and collected. It was her favourite.

I tied my hair back into a bun, and used a long brown wig from my old dressing up box and put it on (there were to be a lot of spies at the funeral and I didn't want them to know I died my hair purple, I needed to remain unrecognised when need be). The wig was almost exactly like what my hair used to be like, straight and chocolatey, but it reached down a bit further to the bottom of my hips. I didn't put in my purple eye contacts either, or any piercings apart from my ear lobes which had big, golden feathers hanging down. 

I didn't bother with much make up either, knowing that there was a massive probability that I'd cry, so I put on some blusher and mascara before slipping on my black heels.

The day where I watched my father's tape was a week ago, and every second of every day, I refused to think about it. I needed to plan mum's funeral instead, which took up most of my hours anyway. When I first began to plan the funeral, I invited everybody in my mother's phone book, but I wouldn't be surprised if more came; she was a very popular and likable woman. 

I'd also managed to book the grave yard my mother wanted, the one that overlooked the beach. I'd gotten her an amazing spot on top of a hill where the sun shined through the sycamore cherry blossom trees. 

DING.

I checked my phone to see a text from Vanessa. We were still calling eachother our 'fake' names, and we'd made the boys do it as well. We'd told them to introduce us to people as Robyn and Danielle, but when they need to book us a flight or are talking about us when others are around and we aren't there or something like that, they'd call us Anna and Vanessa. We did this because everybody in the assassin world knew who 'Robyn Jones' was, and if they knew where I was (eg, aeroplane or restaraunt) they could attack, whereas they had no clue or interest to who Anna Browning was. We called Danielle Vanessa though because we didn't want Beckitt to find her.

'Hey hon, 
      the boys, Paul, Belle and I are leaving the hotel now. See you there and I hope you're alright.
-V xxx'

'Hope you're alright.'

Those words were beginning to make me feel sick. They were following me where ever I went; on the phone, in meetings, around friends... To be honest, when people asked me if I was alright, it made me feel worse. They shouldn't have been concerned about me, they knew my mother as well, I should be asking if they were okay.

I chucked my phone into my side purse without bothering to reply and set the alarm before running out of the house, making sure I wouldn't be inside when the lasers turned on. That'd've been a sticky situation to be in.

As soon as I walked down the stairs from my house, a thought occured to me. How the hell was I supposed to get there? I'd been so forgetful lately, which was unusual due to the fact that it was my job to remember things.

I had, like, 50 strings attached to my fingers to remind me of my schedual. Which reminded me, I needed to pay a visit to Zoe, the girl who faultered with my alarm system.

"Shit..." I muttered to myself as I pulled out my phone to call a taxi.

The cab got here at least 10 minutes later, although the taxi centre was a two minute drive away. That's Swansea for you.

After the surprisingly short ride, I slugged out of the taxi, payed the man and walked towards the graveyard where my mum would be buried.

I squeezed into the church to see about 100 or more people standing outside and 100 more inside. I didn't invite all of these people?