Forget Me Not

A.N: This one is a bit messy, seeing as it was the first, and has been recently edited. My apologies!

"How's my favorite patient doing?" The doctor asked as he waltzed into your room with a tray.

"Fine thanks." You replied, switching the TV off. "Two girls were found last week with their hearts ripped out."

The doctor sat down beside your bed. "That's a bit grim. But hey, tonight's spaghetti night!" He placed the tray down. "I managed to sneak some extra dessert for you!" he said, handing over a chocolate bar. The guy always had candy on him.

"I don't mean to be rude but I've been here for a couple weeks now and I still don't know your name." You muttered.

He smiled. "You can call me Gabriel."

"Gabriel. I like that name. How long have you been working here?" You asked.

"Not long. I started just after you were admitted really." Gabriel replied.

You absentmindedly twirled the spaghetti. "Sorry this conversation is a bit one sided. I don't know much about myself. I'm not being nosy am I?"

Gabriel laughed. He had a great laugh. "No, not at all. And it's not your fault, amnesia and all..." His voice faded. "Anyways, I'm on break now. You don't mind if I keep you company, do you?"

You smiled. "Not at all. I don't have anyone visiting me. I don't know anyone. It's nice to have a friend."

"What do you remember?" Gabriel asked.

"Not much. Smoke, broken glass, sirens and waking up here. No names or anything. Maybe some friends or a boyfriend. Do you have a special someone?" You asked.

He looked out the window. You could see tears forming in his eyes and knew you'd struck a nerve. "I had someone once. But I got careless. They were in a car crash that I could have prevented. I miss 'em" He wiped his face, his usual grin reforming after a few seconds. "Let's not focus on that. Have you heard the joke about the two scientists in a bar?"

You were both interrupted by a nurse. "A call for you Doctor. A mister Winchester?"

The doctor smiled at you. "Be right back sweetheart." He left but you could still hear muffled bits of the conversation.

"Yeah, they're better." Pause.

"No, nothing really. Bits and pieces. Aftermath of the accident is about it." Pause.

"No, not even us." Pause.

"Stop being so selfish! I know it was my fault! We were dating, for Dad's sake. I've tried. We just have to hope the memories will come back on their own." Pause.

"Visit? Maybe, kid might remember you guys. Tomorrow. Don't be late." Gabriel hung up and stormed back into the room.

"What was that?"

"Nothing. I need to get back to work. You should get some sleep." He muttered, putting his hand on your arm.

"Not tired..." You mumbled, drifting off.

-_-_-_-_-

You woke up about 15 hours later. A bowl of sugary cereal was resting the night stand. Gabriel. No other doctor would have given a patient this.

As soon as you finished breakfast, there was a knock on the door. It opened, revealing Gabriel as well as three other men. One tall with long hair and a plaid shirt, another average height with short, sandy blonde hair and a leather jacket, the last had short dark hair and was wearing a trench-coat.

"You've got visitors!" Gabe exclaims. He smiles but it's obviously forced.

"Hey, remember us?" The leather jacket guy asked.

Shaking your head, you replied. "Sorry, no."

"Well I'm Sam, this is Dean and that's Cas." The tall one said.

"Doesn't ring a bell. I'm really, really sorry."

Sam's phone beeped. He picked it up. "Agent Capaldi here. Another body? Right away sheriff." He hung up and glanced at the others.

Dean looked at you. "We gotta go but we'll come back soon enough. Promise."

Before they left Cas handed Gabriel a small brown notebook. "I thought this might help."

Gabriel took it as if he'd just been handed a bomb.

"What's that?" You asked.

"Just a photo album, nothing important." He replied hastily, shoving the notebook in his pocket. The three men left, Gabriel following then.

"Why don't you give it to them?"

"I've been thinking. Maybe they're better off without me. Without this life. A new start."

"Are you joking? You're a mess!"

As the arguing continued outside your room, you got out of bed, picked up the notebook that had fallen out of Gabe's pocket, and flipped to the first page.

Gabriel, without scrubs, with a ridiculous party hat posed in a photo, carrying a massive cake. The three men who had visited were in the photo too. You looked at the cake. "Happy Birthday-" You stopped. "Y/N." Your name was on that cake. Coincidence, it had to be.

Another photo of Gabriel was on the next page. He stood next to someone. They were at an amusement park with cotton candy the size of a basketball. This time you couldn't deny it. That was you in the photo.

"I bet you won't be able to finish that!" You hear Gabriel say. But it's just a memory. The sound of the games, smell of deep fried everything, the flashing carnival lights.

"Twenty tickets says I can!" You reply in the memory.

It fades and you're back in a hospital bed.

"What was that thing?!" Another memory.

"A vampire. We just saved your ass." The man from earlier, Dean, had said.
He and his brother Sam took you in after you'd been attacked by a nest of vampires. Three years ago.

Two weeks after that, you met Castiel, an angel.

Then you met Gabriel. You'd heard so much about him, his tricks, his death (which had been apparently faked). Gabriel came after a wendigo hunt where you almost died, claiming he was now assigned to be your guardian angel. The two of you become best friends much to the Winchesters' dismay, but he grew on them. Two years, eight months ago.

You'd had a crush on him forever. Turns out he liked you back. You and Gabriel started dating. One year, three months ago.

Then came the accident. You were crossing the street when a car came out of nowhere. The only thing you could see of the driver was his pure black eyes. Most likely, he was possessed. Three weeks and one day ago.

You remembered the hunting, the monsters, everything. You remembered Gabriel. The dates, the prank wars, the childish bickering.

"Well these guys have to go now and- oh." Gabriel noticed the photo album in your hands.

"Why didn't you tell me? That I was a hunter? That we were together? Why?" You asked, trying your hardest not to cry.

Gabriel hesitated before answering. "I thought... I thought that if you finally had a normal life-"

"I don't want normal. I want you."