Truth Be Told

"Alright boys, I've got another case." You smiled. "Five deaths in one week. Same town, seemingly no connection between the vics. I say it's worth investigating."

"Sorry Y/N, we got an urgent call. Dean and I need to go." Sam told you.

"What? I need backup for this one. Where's Cas?" You asked.

Dean shrugged. "Some angel business. Now you can either go alone or..."

You knew what he was suggesting. "Oh, no. I'd rather go on a hunt without any limbs, than go on a hunt with him."

"That's not what you told us last night at the bar." Dean said, wiggling his eyebrows.

"I was drunk, none of that was true." You said. "And besides. Gabriel hates me." You sighed. You had the biggest crush on the archangel, but would never admit it. Unfortunately last night you'd gotten tipsy and may have let it slip to the Winchester brothers.

"Y/N, this hunt sounds potentiality dangerous. I think you should bring him along. You know, in case things go wrong." Sam suggested.

"Or if things go right! You know what I mean?" Dean laughed.

You rolled your eyes. "Dean, that doesn't make sense, but since I know you, I'm assuming it was a sex joke."

"Yeah it... it was. You know what, we're just gonna go." Dean said. The two of them left the room leaving you alone with your laptop.

"Hey Gabe, I'm going on a hunt. If you want to tag along, just...I don't know, zap yourself here." You prayed. You looked around. Nothing. Sighing, you went to your room to start packing your hunting bag.

You grabbed your coat and a hat. Winter was approaching and the temperature was dropping. It made hunting quite a bit harder as well. Nothing like chopping off vampire heads whilst wearing mittens!

You headed to the garage and climbed into the green convertible. "Heya Cupcake!" You turned to the passenger's seat and threw a punch at whoever was there. Gabriel clutched his nose, checking for blood. "Is that how you greet all your friends?" he asked.

"What the hell was that for Gabriel? You scared the shit out of me!" You yelled. "I prayed for you like, ten minutes ago."

He shrugged. "I wanted to make an entrance. What are we hunting?" He asked, pulling out a lollipop and throwing the wrapper in the backseat.

You slapped his hand. "Do not ruin my car, I just cleaned her yesterday."

"And I thought Dean was touchy about his car." Gabe muttered. "What are we hunting?"

"Not sure. I've managed to track down whatever it is to an old farm." You told him.

"Are we there yet?" Gabriel whined.

"This is gonna be a long drive.

-_-_-_-_-

"Alright, the house is clear. Let's check out the barn." You told the angel.

He nodded and followed close behind you.

You heard a snap coming from outside. You exited the back door to find a woman sneaking away.

"Hey you!" Gabe yelled. Great, he'd given your position away. The woman  pulled a small bag out of her pocket and ran towards the barn.

It hit you in the nose. You picked up: a hexbag. Great, any moment now you were gonna throw up your internal organs or something Gabriel rushed over to you. "I'm fine!, just go after her!"  You yelled. "Witches. Why does it have to be witches?" You muttered. You chased Gabriel and the witch over to the barn.

You rushed inside to find the witch on the floor, her eyes burned out. "Got her!" Gabriel grinned. "You okay?"

You nodded. "I'm fine. She probably threw the wrong hexbag at me."

Gabriel smiled. "Let's go then." The two of you headed to the exit when the barn doors slammed shut. Gabriel looked down at his feet to find a glowing red line that hadn't been there before. "I think I triggered something."

You jiggled the door handle. "Locked. Probably some spell to trap trespassers."

Gabriel pointed a finger at himself. "Y/N, I think your forgetting something. Archangel here!" He snapped his fingers. Frowning, he snapped them again. "I'm still here. This must be some pretty heavy magic."

You rolled your eyes and pulled out your phone to call Sam. Voicemail. "Sam, it's Y/N. Gabe and I are stuck in a barn. Call back as soon as you can." You hung up. "Great. Why'd I have to be stuck here with you?!" You yelled.

"Rude. What did I do wrong?" Gabe asked.

"You almost ruined the hunt! You left your wrapper in my car! Need I continue?" You spat.

"Woah, there! I'm sorry okay!" He held his hands up in defence. "You're shivering."

"Yes I am. I thought the hunt would be shorter. Never expected to be trapped in a barn. Stupid coat's too thin." You complained.

  "Take mine. I don't feel the cold." He said, pulling off his jacket and handing it to you. You draped it over your shivering figure. "Better?"

"Much. But I'd be warmer if you hugged me." You said. "Wait what? I meant to say that. Yes I did. What's going on?" You were freaking out. You really didn't mean to say that. Now you felt like confessing everything.

"I think I know what's going on." Gabriel gave you an evil grin. "It's a truth spell."

"Oh come on! Why'd it have to be a truth spell?" You groaned.

"Alright, lets test this out. What happened to my stash of chocolate?" Gabriel asked.

Nope, you were keeping your mouth shut. "I ate it and told you that Dean did." You couldn't stop the words coming out your mouth.

"I knew it!" Gabriel laughed. "Why didn't you invite me to the bar last week?"

"I was afraid I'd get drunk and admit that I liked you. Which I did." You admitted.

"Ooh, you like me?" Gabriel wiggled his eyebrows.

You clamped your hand over your mouth but it didn't help."Of course I do. I've liked you for years." You confessed, moving your hand away from your mouth. "I never told you because I was afraid you'd make fun of me."

Gabriel was quiet for a moment. When he finally spoke, his voice was soft and sincere. "Why would I make fun of you?"

You could feel tears welling up in your eyes. "Because I'm some stupid human that fell for an archangel. You joke about everything, so I figured you'd have a right old laugh with this one!"

Gabriel rushed over to you as you wiped your face with your sleeve. "Hey, listen to me Y/N. You're not stupid. You're the greatest human I've ever met. Don't ever, ever  forget that."

"You're lying."

"I'm not. I don't need some truth spell to say that I like you."

"You- you like me?" You sniffled.

Gabriel smiled and pulled you close for a hug. "I do."

For a few minutes the two of you did nothing but lie on the ground in each other's arms. "You know, it'll be a while until the boys get here..." Gabriel purred.

You scoffed. "Please, not that I don't want to, but it's to cold to do anything but cuddle."

Gabriel pulled you closer. "Fine by me, sugar. Fine by me."