Check and Soulmate

Based on the requests by Justice_team , gina_anyms and anonymous (tumblr)

"Aaand we got ourselves a case!" Sam said, turning his laptop around to face his brother. "...Dude." He smacked his brother's arm.

Dean looked up from his copy of 'Busty Asian Beauties' and looked up at Sam. "What?"

Sam sighed and rolled his eyes. "Right. So there's Detective Graham. Apparently he was found dead in the middle of the woods in nothing but his underwear."

"Okay. Why is this our thing?" Dean asked.

Sam showed his brother the picture. "There's something carved into his arm. Looks like Norse runes..."

"The killer's personal tag?" Dean asked before handing Sam a pen and paper, watching as he copied some runes down. "Any idea what this means?"

Sam snorted. "Do I look like a dictionary to you?"

"Yes."

The younger brother rolled his eyes and punched Dean on the arm. Sam pulled up a picture of the Norse alphabet. Looks like an L...O... that's either a C or a K, I think it's a K. And the last one is an I. LOKI."

Dean snapped his fingers and pointed to his brother. "Trickster." He leaned over and looked at the article on Sam's laptop. "Hey, isn't that where Y/N lives?"

"Yeah. If we leave now we can get there by noon." Sam said. "We could use all the help we can get."

-_-_-_-_-

"Boys! Good to see you again." You hugged Sam and Dean before inviting them into your small house.

You were a part-time hunter, only taking cases in your town or the area around it. The Winchesters had been your friends, seeing as your father and John had been hunting buddies before they both passed away.

"You too Y/N." Dean's eyes scanned your mess of a living room. "You've already been working on the case!"

You gathered together a few stray papers and put them into files. "I've never seen anything like it. First Dan, then Malcolm. Douchebags are dropping like flies!"

Sam nodded grimly. He hesitated, opening his mouth to say something before changing his mind. "Hold on, is there was another case?"

"Detective Espinoza, yeah. He and Graham were partners. We butted heads in the past, they were always trying to get me in trouble, prove I did something wrong." You recounted. "Both detectives were a grade-A assholes."

The tallest Winchester compared the two post-mortem images. "Same carvings." He stated.

"Alright then, lets gank us this SOB!" You proclaimed.

Sam and Dean looked at each other, it was obvious they knew something you didn't.

-_-_-_-_-

"So it's an archangel pretending to be a Trickster-demigod?" You asked.

Dean finished up the circle of holy oil warding. "Exactly. For some reason he's not dead, and he's back to killing people." Sam got the summoning ritual ready, lit matchbook in hand. "You guys ready?" He asked. You and Dean both nodded and the ingredients went up in flames, as well as the ward.

A man stood in the centre now and looked down at his feet. "Aw, crap!" He groaned. "I was in the middle of something, if you catch my drift." He sent a wink your way and your face in that moment could put a firetruck to shame.

The Trickster, or whatever he claimed to be, wasn't what you were expecting. In a good way though. He wasn't necessarily tall, well okay, he was kind of short. Bowlegs, but not quite as extreme as Dean's. With caramel brown-gold hair, slight curls tucked behind his ears. His eyes looked like sunlight through a glass of  whiskey..

But the most captivating thing about him was behind him. A stunning pair of wings sprouted from his back. The glowing feathers ranged in so many shades of gold, with an occasional bronze one to break up the colour. They were so large that tips of feathers brushed against the ground. You couldn't help but stare.

"Gabriel," The name Dean called him fit. "What the hell are you doing?"

Gabriel pretended to mull the question over. "Standing in a circle, answering idiotic questions from a pair of morons and their stunning friend?" He purred.

"Hold on, Gabriel?" You asked. "Gabriel the archangel, messenger of God?"

"The one and only." The angel replied, bowing.

Sam went up behind him and pressed an angel blade to the man's throat. "Cut the crap, why are you murdering people again?" Sam demanded.

"You know that won't kill me." Gabriel chuckled.

"Yeah, but it'll hurt like a son of a bitch." Dean cut in.

The blade was pressed closer to Gabriel's neck. "Okay okay," he said as he caved in. "I didn't do it, I swear. I'm done with the trickster stuff!" Seemingly content with the answer, Sam backed off. "But I can help you find who did." Gabe continued.

-_-_-_-_-

"You're staring." Gabriel's comment snapped you back to reality.

Again you felt a rush of heat as your cheeks turned red. "I- I'm sorry. I've just never met an angel before." You mumbled.

"Archangel." Gabriel corrected.  He sat in a chair in the abandoned warehouse, still surrounded by holy fire. The Winchesters put him on probation, he'd sit there with you watching him while they figured the case out, or he'd get a knife to the gut.

"Archangel, sorry. I just..." Your attention once again drifted to the shining wings on his back.

Gabe waved his hand in front of your face. "Earth to Y/N. This is ground-control speaking."

"This may sound weird, but can I touch your wings?" You asked him quickly.

The archangel paused, confused. "My...my wings?"

You nodded. "I'm sorry if it's rude, I just-"

"You can see my wings?" Gabriel cut in.

Again you nodded, unsure of why Gabriel was reacting like this. "Can't everyone?" You added softly.

The archangel stood up from the stool and paced around in the circle. He kept muttering something, the few words you caught being "Human" and the one that shook you to the core: "Soulmate."

"Are you going to say a full sentence or just ignore me?" You asked as you tried to piece things together.

He took in a deep breath. "Humans can't see an angel's wings. There was a rumour though, that one person can. That angel's soulmate."

You were dumbfounded. "Soulmate."

"Soulmate." Gabriel chuckled.

"But I...I don't even know you!" You muttered.

Gabe tilted his head to the side. "Then you can get to know me once this is all sorted out. How does dinner and a movie sound?" He offered.

"That sounds perfect."

Warehouse doors noisily opened. "We got our guy. You can go." Dean told the archangel.

"Wasn't anything paranormal, just some psycho that liked dead languages." Sam explained further. "Thanks for babysitting." 

"Hey!"

"It was nothing." You chuckled. Your eyes turned to Gabriel's feet as the warding slowly faded. "So I'll see you around?"

Gabe held your hand and brought it to his lips, kissing it with an old fashioned gesture. "Of course. You'll be seeing a lot more of me in your future."