All's (Fun)fair in Love and War

Based on the request by @serena2v

"Are we there yet?"

You sat in the back of the old 1967 Chevy Impala as it rolled along the highway, classic rock blaring from its speakers.

Dean rolled his eyes for the hundredth time after you asked that again...and again...and again. "NO! No we are not there yet. Why are you being such a pain in the-"

Sam coughed, cutting his brother's insult short. "Can you please stop asking?"

You sighed. "Guys I'm sorry. It's just that all we've done the past couple weeks is hunt! Can't we take a break?"

"Oh I'm sure I can arrange that Sugar."

Dean swerved and quickly regained control over the car after the unexpected passenger spoke. "What the hell G-"

"Gabriel?" The archangel finished. "In the flesh."

Sam turned to look at Gabriel. "What are you-"

"Doing here? Y/N was feeling bored and deserves time apart from you two muttonheads." Gabe explained

The eldest Winchester glared at him through the rearview mirror. "Don't f-"

"Finish your sentences? I have to use my mind reading abilities for something, annoying you two is just so much fun!" Gabriel grinned. "Real empty up there by the way." Gabriel turned his head to the right and found himself inches away from a bitchface. "Heya Castiel!"

"I now regret agreeing to riding in this contraption." Cas muttered.

"He didn't mean it baby." Dean whispered as he patted the dashboard.

"Gabriel, you're not running off with Y/N." Sam growled.

You crossed your arms. "I can handle myself" You huffed.

"Doesn't matter." Dean scolded. "You're not going anywh-" Snap!

A car on the highway suddenly turned into a plethora of lights and noises. Suddenly standing, you stumbled and fell into Gabriel's arms.

You looked around at the flashing lights and food vendors. Rides and games surrounded you, the smell of deep-fried-everything in the air. "Where are we?"

"Canada's Wonderland. Figured a country away from the boys would be better." Gabe shrugged. "Where to first?"

You thought it over. "I haven't even had breakfast yet. Food?"

Gabriel bowed. "Your wish is my command."

You stopped all over the park for pizza, funnel cake, ice cream, fries, you name it. Not a single fruit or vegetable passed your lips. The two of you ate and sat down at a bench, watching families and couples enjoying their summer vacations.

"I bet you won't be able to finish that!" Gabriel quipped as you took another bite out of your massive cotton candy.

You looked over at the arcade. "Twenty tickets says I can!" You grinned, jumping up and rushing to the small building.

For the next half hour or so, you played the arcade games together, collecting as many tickets as possible. Gabriel took his armful, plopped them down at the counter and handed you a giant stuffed bear. "For your noble efforts to defeat me at air hockey."

You took it and tried your best not to smile. "What next, your holiness?" You asked the archangel.

"Waterslides? I'd love to see you in a bathing suit." Gabriel flirted, wiggling his eyebrows and making that classic crooked grin that made you want to melt.

You playfully punched his arm. "You may have won air hockey but I bet you can't win at bumper cars!"

"Oh it's on sugar."

-_-_-_-_-

"My hands were slippery." Gabriel lied.

You rolled your eyes and opened your mouth to argue that he'd just not being paying attention when the speaker turned on.

"Due to unforeseen events, the Medieval Faire area is now closed. Please exit the area..." The voice went on. You could see people flocking out of the section of the park and workers closing the gates.

"Wanna check it out?" You inquired.

Gabriel shrugged. "Probably just a broken ride or something. "

"Come on!" You poked. "Since when do you hate adventures?"

Gabriel sighed. It seemed like something was troubling him, which was unusual. "Fine. Five minutes then we head home."

You both walked up to a worker, Gabriel subtly handing you a badge. "What seems to be the problem?" You asked.

"Sorry but you can't come over here." The employee explained.

Gabriel whipped out the fake badge he'd just summoned out of thin air. "Detective Ballard. This is my partner, Detective Decker. We were in the area."

You flashed your ID. "What seems to be the problem?"

The man sighed. "We found a body and-"

"Excuse me for a second, I need to talk to my partner." Gabriel cut in. He pulled you away. "We're going."

"Wait, what? We can't just go!" You hissed. "The hell is your problem?"

"What if this a monster?"

"I deal with monsters for a living."

"What if we can't handle it?"

"You're an archangel!" You'd never seen Gabriel act like this. "Hold on...are you worried? About me?"

Gabriel's cheeks turned a dark shade of red. "What? Me, worried? Phh...okay yes, I just...don't want you to get hurt. I couldn't bear losing you."

You smiled. "Gabriel. Nothing on Heaven, Hell, Purgatory and Earth can ever pry us apart." You told him. "Now let's do this! You and me."